CHAPTER 33

"Do you think I'm holding you back, Nanamin?" Izuku questioned, his eyes full of concern. "You got hurt, and I wasn't there to help you. I can't let that happen again," he declared, his voice laced with determination.

He continued, his face set in resolve. “‘My comrade died, but I wasn't there. Because I'm still a kid.’ How can I say that?!”

“You're strong enough to save others.” his mother's voice rang in his mind.

That it hurt, “I don't want to say that,” Izuku declared, his tone firm and resolute.

“No,” Nanami's voice was firm, leaving no room for argument as he spoke. “As you know, that Patch-face Cursed Spirit uses transfigured humans. There are hopeless people in the world. As long as you're doing this job, you'll encounter someone that must be killed someday. But now's not the time.”

As Izuku listened, his mind flashed back to his conversation with Yoshino, his fear of killing and the weight it would bring.

“Even so, I don't want to kill anyone. I'm scared of that,” he had said.

"Please understand," Nanami continued, his tone compassionate. "Being a child is never a sin."

Izuku hung his head, feeling a sense of defeat weighing upon him.

As Nanami turned to leave, he called back to Izuku. "Please, keep an eye on Yoshino Junpei," he said.

Izuku nods his head while also going through his mind about a certain information Ijichi gave to him.

'...I wonder if I'll be able to that?'

‘I don't have black clothes, so I opened my mother's wardrobe and grabbed the first black pair of clothes I could find.’

‘I breathed in the familiar morning air, and took the usual path to school.’
‘Today…’

"This is Sukuna," Mahito held the terrified Yoshino close as he talked. "It's a cursed object that attracts curses."

"Why did this thing appear at my house?" Yoshino asked, his voice broken and weak.

"There are many Curse Users who earn money by cursing people," Mahito said, "I guess they did it. You can kill someone with a curse as long as you have the way and money. Does someone come to mind? A person that hates you and your mother. Or a shady person who's rich and free.”

〖Certificate of Recommendation. 〗
〖The top prize in the National Book Report Competition goes to… 〗

〖Ito Shota.〗

Ito smiled as he received the certificate. He turned to the crowd of cheering girls, waving his hands in acknowledgement. “This is making me embarrassed,” he said.

〖I'm glad that our student can receive such an honorable award.〗

As Ito descended the stage, he tapped his classmate on the leg with the rolled-up certificate, with a smile on his face. "What are you doing?" he asked. "Didn't I tell you to write casually? And yet it still won the best award.” Then, with a hint of warning in his voice, he said, “Want to die?”