CHAPTER 71

'Sukuna's vessel…? Is that his technique, or does it belong to that other man? I can't tell. If he can create wormholes, then it's possible and maybe likely that this is his technique. What should I do? Sukuna's vessel is extremely dangerous. This Junpei child was already causing me some level of stress, with Sukuna's vessel here and this other unknown factor, it might be more prudent to retreat. But…..have I bought Mahito enough time to complete the mission?' Hanami thought with concern.

Hitachi,who was the one in control lookedover to Junpei with the latter giving the curse a look with Hitachi bidding his head, "I see..." Hitachi said out loud but he gave Junpei a look of his own which got the boy to widen his eyes until he smiled.

"See what exactly? I can't find the others! Where the hell are they? Don't tell me those weaklings are dead already?" Todo asked incredulously, even though Hitachi could tell that Todo was actually concerned for the safety of the others.

"They're fine. Look up there." Hitachi simply said as he pointed up above, Todo looking up to see not one but two jelly fish shikigami floating high up in the air.

'Looks to be that Junpei kids technique and it looks like he can make more than one huh? It's seems like a convenient technique for evacuating injured comrades. But how good is he in a fight? He certainly has a lot of curse energy, he actually has more than me, and its potency is off the charts. I wonder what kind of women he likes.' Todo thought with intrigue.

"Todo, my new best friend. It would seem we'll have to wait before we can get a chance to use our no doubt potent tag team moves. This curse spirit is connected to another who was involved in a plot that resulted in the murder of my brother Junpei's mother. This battle we just walked into, it's a personal one. My brother's pride is on the line! We cannot get in his way...not yet" Hitachi said with conviction, hoping that Todo would be understanding of Junpei's feelings.

'Aaah….so that's why his demeanor changed as soon as he saw Junpei? Damn it! What do I do? I really wanted to fight this special grade curse! I guess I'll follow my new best friend's lead. His good taste in women means that he is a man with a discerning spirit and sound judgement. I'll have to trust he knows what he is doing.' Todo thought.

"Fine, whatever! Like I care that much about fighting some low level curse spirit!" Todo exclaimed obnoxiously.

'Me? A low level curse? What an obnoxious personality! But, I can tell by his curse energy. His confidence is real. It isn't some form of delusion. He must have a troublesome curse technique.' Hanami thought with both righteous indignity and concern.

"Okay, great! Thank you, my new best friend! I knew you'd understand! Now, let me go and heal the others so that they can back up the ones fighting the curse users. You stay here and keep an eye on the battle. As for you, Junpei, keep your eye on the prize. Make sure you kick his ass and exorcise him, got it?" Hitachi said with a deadly tone, Junpei smiling slightly, actually happy that his brother was here because when they were together, even if they weren't fighting together, Junpei always felt like everything was going to be okay in the end no matter what.

"Don't worry brother. Leave everything to me until I want your help." Junpei said with conviction.

"Good." Hitachi said as he disappeared from his position with a sonic boom, causing Todo to cover his eyes and ears and well, his entire body as a shockwave washed over him, Hitachi jumping upwards at a ridiculous speed.

'That was fast! What incredible speed! This is bad. I no longer feel certain of my victory, no, actually, in all likelihood victory became a pipe dream as soon Sukuna's vessel and that man appeared. But, maybe I can manage to kill this one. I'll have to close the distance fast so that I can stop him from using that troublesome getsuga.' Hanami thought as he tried to speed blitz Junpei, the two of them meeting in the middle as violent, destuctive shockwaves were released with every single clash between them, Todo being forced to retreat and watch from a safer distance lest he get caught in the battle.