CHAPTER 55

‘5 Minutes Earlier’

Uraraka held her arm that had started bleeding from a cut.

“Ochako, is your arm okay?” Asui asked her.

Toga looked at the knife that had some blood on it.

“Shallow… Not much blood…” Toga observed.

“That’s mean, suddenly coming out slashing at us! Who are you?” Asui demanded.

“I’m Toga! You two sure are cute. Uraraka and… Asui…” Toga introduced herself, pointing the knife at them as she said their names.

“She knows our names.” Uraraka gritted her teeth.

“Maybe from the sports festival?” Asui questioned, adding, “In any case, she knows who we are, which means we’re at a disadvantage.”

“There’s not enough blood. Normally, I’d suck it out directly from the cut to get more, but this machine will start sucking if I just stick it in, so my work will progress very quickly.” Toga hummed as she reached behind her back, grabbing a can with a needle at the top.

Asui threw Uraraka up in the air, explaining, “Run back to camp! We were give permission to use our quirks not to defeat the villains but to protect ourselves! That’s the kind of person Aizawa Sensei is.”

“Tsu, you too!” Uraraka exclaimed, reaching out her hand for Asui.

“Of course, I will also-” Asui said before glancing back at Toga, who ran up to her, slashing her tongue.

Asui jumped back while Toga stopped running.

“‘Tsu’... ‘Tsu’... ‘Tsu’...!” Toga repeated cheerily.

“Ribbit…” Asui stared at her.

“What a cute nickname.” Toga smiled, pulling off the mask she was wearing, adding, “I’m gonna call you that, too.”

“Don’t. The only people I want calling me that are the ones I want to be friends with.” Asui told Toga, jumping away from her as Toga threw the can at Asui, sticking her to a tree by her hair.

“Yay, then I’m your friend, too! All right!” Toga cheered.

“Tsu!” Uraraka shouted, running back to her.

Toga got close to Asui, whispering, “You’re bleeding, my friend, Tsu. You’re so cute. I love blood.”

“Get away from her!” Uraraka shouted as Toga tried to cut her. Uraraka dodged, thinking, ‘Against someone with a knife, pivot on one foot to disappear from your opponent’s line of sight…’

Uraraka grabbed onto Toga’s wrist and the base of her neck.
‘...and grab their wrist and base of the neck. Then, with all your might, pull! And push down! It’s the close combat technique I learned during my internship!’ Uraraka slammed Toga to the ground, finishing, ‘Gunhead Martial Arts!’

“ands with your tongue? Does it hurt?” Uraraka asked Asui about restraining Toga.
“Give me a second for my tongue.” Asui told her.
“Ochaco… You’re wonderful, too.” Toga stared at her.
“Huh?” Uraraka paid her attention back to Toga.
“You’ve got the same smell as me.” Toga told her, making Uraraka gulp.

“There’s someone you like, right?” Toga beamed.

Uraraka widened her eyes in surprise.
“And you feel like you want to be like that person, right?” Toga grinned.