CHAPTER 46

Kota was seen sitting in his hideout place.
“But you know what, Kota? I’m sure there will be a day where you will meet someone, and then you’ll understand. Someone who will risk their life to save you… Someone who will be…” Mandalay’s voice echoed in Kota’s head.

“There’s no way anyone like that exists…” Kota gritted his teeth as he go through another memory.

"Well...guess I was right...I'll leave you alone so you can eat in peace...your parents seem to still have that protective side of them"

Kota just sighed, 'Even though he said that...it felt as if he saw them...but I can't'

He finished his thought not knowing A black clothed figure moved from the shadows towards him.

In the clearing, Mineta, Ojiro, Iida, Koda and Mizuki backed up behind Tiger and Mandalay.

“Why…? Why are there villains here?!” Mineta uttered.

“Pixie-Bob!” Mizuki exclaimed, running towards her before Tiger stopped the girl.

“Oh, no!” Mandalay whispered beside Tiger. Mizuki looked at the others before gasping.

“Kota!” Mizuki exclaimed.

‘5 Minutes Earlier’

“Aw, we wanted our courage tested, too…” Ashido complained as she, Kaminari, Sato, Sero, and Kirishima walked with Aizawa.

“Didn’t she say there was a carrot and a stick? Where’s the carrot?” Kirishima whined.

“I’d even take salty licorice… give us a treat, Aizawa Sensei…” Kaminari pleaded.

“Salty licorice is delicious.” Aizawa objected.

“You all need to be more self aware and behave during an emergency.” Aizawa explained their lesson.

“And not to fall behind the others, then the difference between you will grow larger. In a broad sense this is also a kind of ‘treat’. Like a mint-flavored one.” Aizawa explained.

“But mint tastes good…” Kirishima sighed.

The door to a classroom slid open, Monoma inside gasping.

“Oh, that’s weird! Even though Class A is supposed to be better, there were five people who failed? Even though there was only one person from Class B? That’s so weird!” Monoma laughed.

“Just how mentally strong are you?!” Kaminari shouted.

As Monoma continued laughing, the five of them took a seat, Kirishima muttering, “He said the same thing trying to provoke us yesterday.”

“I’d like to know what his mental state is.” Ashido whispered.

“We need to maneuver this time.” Aizawa told Vlad.

“I was thinking about that, too. You don’t have to tell me that-” Vlad agreed before Mandalay’s voice echoed, “Everyone!”

“It’s Mandalay’s Telepath.” Kirishima pointed out.

“I like this. It makes me jump.” Ashido smiled.

“We’re being attacked by two villains! It’s possible that there are more! Everyone who can move, get back to camp immediately! Even if you come across the enemy, retreat and do not engage!” Mandalay’s Telepath echoed.