Prologue

Laughter surrounds us as Erik twirls me around on the cold ice rink

Laughter surrounds us as Erik twirls me around on the cold ice rink. Ice skating has been my weakest area but Erik always saves me from falling.

Our skates come to a stop and I smile looking into his eyes. "You will get it one day milkshake."

I roll my eyes. "Who are you kidding? Maybe I pretend to be bad just to be in your arms." I tease and his smile is so wide I see all his sparkling white teeth.

"Nice try there." Erik whipers as his lips lower to mine and we share a sweet kiss together just has he has done from our first kiss we shared after he saved me from the hard ice and humiliation that comes with it.

Erik throws me over his shoulder and I squeal making others laugh once more around us as his skates push off and he races us down the rink. He gets us to the safety of the benches where I get back on my own feet as he never lets my hand go.

"I need my hand to take the skates off." I whisper and feel as my cheeks heat up.

Never in my life would I have thought I would find the love of my life at seventeen. Erik is my one. Our passion together like nothing I would have guessed. We spend any free time together and even have all our classes together.

"I quite like keeping it in mine where I can feel this." Erik glances down as his thumb passes over the fake ring. So many times I have covered it with clear nail polish to where it doesn't turn my finger green. He keeps saying a real ring will happen once we can marry each other and once he saves up money but I am still happy with this one.

That is the plan we have no matter what our parents say. Erik and I just know we are forever and not some puppy love that his parents and my mom keep telling us. For years I had watched Erik from a distance. He was the one so many girls fawned over but he never paid them attention until I got the lucky pleasure. All due to a hallway accident and my book bag.

Together we have made up plans with attending the same college once we finish high school. To the plans of our wedding. All in which makes his parents and my mom sour saying the high school love never works out but Erik and I have held our ground and know this is true love. His parents want him to go to a fancy college to get a degree in law but that isn't what Erik wants. Where my Mom wants me to get into medical field to make a large career for myself which I don't really want either.

"You can't hold me forever." I smile when looking back up to Erik.

"Watch me." He smirks and then removes my skates with only one hand then places my sneakers on.

My eyes watch with fascination since it was easy to do one handed with my horrible habit of not untying my sneakers but keeping it to where I can slip them on and off. He takes his skates off and then puts his shoes on but I laugh as he frowns.

"Now you have to let me go to tie your shoes."

Erik huffs. "I could just shoove the laces into the shoe."