29. Company

Euphoric

Euphoric.

When Samuel had stayed the night at the apartment we had played video games. It was easy to make him happy and he was so well behaved. It has become normal that Samuel stays the night with me every Friday night as Kaira has needed to close those nights. A new normal that has took place in a months time since the movie.

Kaira and I have had one date in the last month. It got cut short after dinner when Josh called saying Samuel has gotten sick. A stomach bug that he is finally getting over after three days now. Everyday, I stop by her house and check on him rather than sending a text.

Today, I got some food from the diner as I knock on the front door.

"Hey." Kaira smiles and opens the door for me to come in.

"How is he today?"

"I am better." Samuel calls out and I see his hand pop up to be over the couch showing he is laying down as the tv plays.

I laugh lightly and Kaira takes the bag from me going to the kitchen. My feet walk over to the couch and I place my hands on the back of it looking down at Samuel. "Your color is back to normal." I smile as it makes the feeling in my gut ease up not seeing him so pale.

"Mama said I still need to take it easy today but no bathroom dashes."

I ruffle his hair. "She is right but that is great news."

"I even ate a sandwich for lunch."

"Good news." I smile and then walk to the kitchen.

"Thank you for getting dinner. I was about to make some soup but thought about something heavier."

"Has the fever broke?"

"It did last night late." She nods.

I help her pull the food out and place on plates. "Come eat dinner." She calls to Samuel and he gets up walking over and sits at the table.

We all eat the food and Samuel finishes quickly before going back to the couch.

"He is ready to get back to school Monday."

I chuckle. "That is great at least most of the sickness was over a small break they had anyways."

"Other than you didn't get your night with him staying with you."

I shrug. "There is more days for that and we also had to stop our date Wednesday night."

"Josh was wanting to spend time with him though since it was his day off."

I nod. "Daryl was there too."

"I know." Kaira smiles. "It is good that Daryl will still come over but I hope it isn't weird for you."

I shake my head. "It isn't and I am glad Samuel has more friends to do things with and that Daryl didn't just leave completely."

Her smile lights up the entire day. "What did you do today?"

"Work and laundry." I laugh. "I am wrapping up the end of the new game before it goes into testing modes with the investors."

"Sounds like a lot."

I shrug. "Just making sure there isn't any issues to fix before it goes to them to try and shorten the process. Once they get through testing I will get an offer on the game and I typically accept the offers since these invetsors don't lowball it."

"Happy for you on that. Got anything else lined up?"

"Maybe but I see how things go before I start the new one. It is all perfect timing since he is about to be out for summer break."

We clean the plates and every so often my arms will brush hers. Each time her breathing hitches and I smirk. That is until her teasing starts where her eyes look at me then she bites her lip. Her fingers start purposely touching my back when she moves behind me.

"Two can play the game Erik." She whispers behind me.

Then my eyes go wide with her hands grabbing my butt in the jeans. "That isn't just teasing, Milkshake."

I turn my head and she shrugs. "I get tired of teasing and decided to go in for a firm grasp."

Her phone goes off and she walks over to answer it. Giving her space, I walk to the living room and sit on the chair as a car show plays.

"How many times have you seen this episode?"

"A couple. The details behind it though are flawless." Samuel sits up and then points out the different things.

"So that was Josh." Kaira smiles walking over. "He is playing the pouting game."

"How come?" Samuel looks to her.

"He claims he got dubbed out of time with his nephew."

"Can I stay with Uncle Josh? We totally didn't even get to finish the game, although Daryl won't be there." Samuel jumps up from the couch.

"It is the weekend." I smile and Kaira nods.

"Josh is on his way to pick you up once I text him."

"Text him, please." Samuel nods and then dashes down the hall to his room.

Kaira types on her phone and then puts it on the coffee table.

"Has he stayed the night with Josh alone before?"

Kaira nods. "Once before when I was dating Daryl I had stayed with Daryl while Josh was here on time off. Samuel also will spend the night with Kate back and forth."

"Plus I will be there eventually tonight."

"Eventually huh?" Her eyebrow raises.

"That is you want some company? If not then I will leave to go to the apartment when they leave for it." I offer and Kaira smirks.

"I think some company is just what I need."

My eyes catch as Josh pulls in and Kaira opens the door before he can ever knock. "Where is my nephew?"

"Here I am." Samuel comes skipping with his bag. "Are you coming too?" He looks to me.

"I will be there later on tonight." I smile and then Josh smirks.

"Don't even." Kaira squints her eyes at Josh as I look over at her and then she cuts her eyes to Samuel. Josh closes his mouth and I chuckle as he got busted before a word got out, thankfully.

Kaira kisses Samuel's head and he leaves the house with Josh. It is really hard to tell that Josh is several years older than us most of the time with how he can act but he never fails to make everyone smile and laugh.

The door closes and Kaira turns to me. "So I need to change some laundry around and I will be right with you."

A/N----
Hey Hey Guys!!!

How is everyone enjoying so far?

What could be some of the best steps for Kaira and Erik, you are hoping for?