28. Popcorn

After locking the door, I turn and go down the hall

After locking the door, I turn and go down the hall. Samuel is fast asleep so I close his door back too and then go to my room.

It doesn't take me long before I am in my pjs and removed the makeup. Laying in bed, I scroll through my phone.

How was the date? Kate's text pops up and I tell her it went astonishing just like it always has been with Erik.

We text a few more times as she tells me the Diner is locked up for the night, before a text from Erik came through. I scroll over to his message and open it.

Made it to the apartment. Your brother is giving me a time again.

Doesn't he always. I roll my eyes.

Josh and Kate both always did... Not that I mind, as I always liked how you had your brother and best friend in your corner.

Before I can reply, I see the three blinking dots come up on the screen again. My heart beats as I wait to see what he is saying now and my breathing comes out in a long puff as I read the text.

How I missed those lips, through the years. They were there in my dreams and to finally taste them once more, it reminds me all the times we shared together. There never was anyone for me but you and for you to go on the date tonight, it has left me elated.

A smile forms and my eyes burn a little as tears form once again. My eyes read over the text again and I feel as if I am melting into the bed.

I feel the same. I press send and then a snicker leaves my lips as my thumbs go back to moving across the keyboard. Although, I didn't think proper etiquette calls for kissing on the first date. I send and wait for his response.

First date my big toe. By no means our first date and I surely hope not our last. We just had a pause as our souls found a way to be together again.

Melted. I am through. Call the corinors office because Erik has done ran off with my heart and there is no stopping how fast I keep falling for him. Never has he lost it but it feels like our love is running wild as our souls dance together but I wouldn't change anything since we are together once more.

I would never turn down a date with you. My finger type over the board.

Good to know.

Goodnight Erik.

Goodnight milkshake.

I roll over an plug my phone in. The smile on my face not leaving as I can still feel his lips on mine. My body burns from the gentle touches I felt from him and as my mind goes to how it felt pressed up against him in the batting cage, a urge grows in my core.

My feet move and touch the floor, as my hand reaches into open the drawer of my nightstand. There lays the long-gated box that holds the items I bought. All clean and ready for use to satisfy the throbbing in my core. Midnight pleasures that barely are satisfied since it is never the same as when I had Erik's touch for the deep fantasies only he knows of, as Daryl was always the sweet lover. Erik was a sweet lover too but there were times we ravaged each other, together there was a perfect balance.

Which is how the condom broke leading to Samuel being created through our passions Erik and I shared. 

Taking a deep breath, I close the drawer. Not tonight. I cannot be weak to give in so easily. I need to wait and be patient.

Never a virtue of mine. I groan and throw myself back against the sheets.

With a huff, I get up and walk to the bathroom with a fresh set of bottoms and panties. The shower is quick as I clean off the want my body puts out before crawling back into bed.

___________________________________

"We are going to be late!" Samuel bounces standing next to me.

"No we aren't." I laugh. "You are just hyper."

"Can you blame me? This is so unbelievably cool." His eyes shine as we wait by the wall after getting some snacks from the stands.

"Just a couple more minutes." I smile as I see the person we were waiting for.

"Really!" Samuel looks back to me and I nod. He lets go of my hand and runs to Erik, hugging him tight. "Now this is perfect."

"It is deserved as a good job for acing all these tests you have been having." I smile and Samuel takes his box of candy from my hand with his water bottle. "Come on so we can get good seats."

Samuel leads the way and Erik walks next to me as we are behind our son.

"Do you have a clue about these movies?"

"I may have watched them over the last week since you told me about this one and invited me to come with you guys." Erik chuckles.

Two weeks has passed since our date and so far we have been busy to be able to go on another one. Every night we do text each other even if we don't get to see each other in a passing like we tend to get during a week day since he comes to the diner to see Samuel after school, keeping up with their tutoring sessions.

Tonight though, it is set up for Samuel to stay with Erik and Josh at their apartment. He is excited for it and I am happy for him.

We get our seats at the very top and Samuel digs into his candy while I munch on the popcorn with Erik. Samuel took the chair on the end wanting that seat and then Erik took the middle, leaving me to sit against the wall. As the room darkens and the movie starts, I sit up enough to see Samuel so focused on the screen it makes me smile.

As the movie plays, I barely pay attention. My mind conjuring up all the dirty things I would love to do with Erik. I shake my head as the lights come back on around us with the movie ending.

Samuel rambles about the movie and I smile as we make it to the vehicles. He gets his bag from my trunk and then bounce over to Erik.

"Ready?" Erik smiles and Samuel nods.

"Love you mama." Samuel comes back over and hugs me tight.

"Love you Sammy. Have fun." I smile and kiss his head.

I watch as Samuel climbs into the truck.

"I will let you know how he is doing." Erik smiles.

"Thank you. You guys have fun and don't let him eat any sugar after seven or else you won't get to bed until early morning hours." I laugh and Erik nods.

Erik kisses my cheek and smiles as he opens my car door as I get in. He closes it and then goes around closing Samuels door and getting in the driver seat. I wave to them both and head for the Diner.