38. Lunch

Half a days drive on the road between traffic and stops to stretch legs, we finally made it to the cabin

"I can't believe we made it here without getting lost." Kaira laughs.

"Because I am not afraid to admit I needed directions when we got checked in and the woman was giving you the keys the older man explained how to make it here." I chuckle.

"Smart man." Kaira pats my arm as she hops out of the truck and then looks around at the green scenery.

"It is so nice here." Samuel takes a deep breath and I smile watching him.

I grab all the bags and watch as Samuel walks on the wooden pathway towards the cabin but still enticed by the view as one direction is the woods and the other is a open view of the mountains. I move around him while he takes the view in with Kaira having the door unlocked and open.

"Come on Sammy. Let's find which room you want to stay in." I jerk my head when he looks over at me while I climb the stairs.

"I get to pick the room I will be in?" Samuel smiles so wide and I nod as I stand next to Kaira.

"You sure do." She laughs as Samuel barrels up the stairs, hugging her tight before taking off into the cabin.

"I think he likes that idea." I smirk as Kaira laughs.

"Believe so." She nods. "Come on let's see which room our son is going to choose."

We walk into the cabin and Samuel comes down a set of stairs. Everything in here is a beauty. Wooden floors and stairs, with a look up you can see the rapter beams as the wall shine as a polish may be over the wood but the wall across from the door is nothing but glass facing the view of the moutain top.

"They are both huge and did you see the rug here." Samuel points to in front of a fireplace. "I can't even think of stepping on that it is creepy."

The bear rug lays there and the face showing the things vicious teeth. Not a fan of those things but part of the decorations here. "Can't say I blame you." I mutter.

"Which room do you want to be in while here?" Kaira turns to look at Samuel where she stepped up further looking around.

"Can I have the one upstairs?"

"Sure." She nods and takes his bag from my hands while they go up the stairs with him wanting to show her the room he picked before she sees the one we will share.

I walk and find the room with ease, placing the bag on the bed. Our room faces the woods and a hot tub on the large deck. "This is nice and looks the same as Samuel's room just a different view."

I turn my head and my heart thumps harder as Kaira walks towards me. "You know this is something we talked about doing when we were teens."

She nods. "We agreed once we had kids that we would take them on a week long vacation once they started school and we could afford to do so. I have made sure for the last four years we have done just that, but this year is even more because you are here with us." Her arms wrap around my neck as my hands pull her waist towards me.

I smile and kiss her lips before pulling back. "You are amazing."

Her lips quirk up before she tries to force the smile back as she shrugs her shoulders.

Just as I am about to claim her lips once more, the sound of shoes tapping on the hardwood has us pulling back.

"What do we do first?" Samuel knocks on the door frame where the door was left open.

"Food? We missed lunch with the drive."

I nod. "I agree with your mom and then we can go exploring."

Hand in hand, Kaira and I leave the room and Samuel waits by the door. We lock the cabin back up and get in the truck. Kaira pointing out direction places for us to go to that the small map shows of the area.

"That sounds good." Samuel points from over her shoulder then she shows me and I nod in agreement.

The drive is nice and smooth as we make it to a small building. We go in and the man is bubbly as he seats us at a table, taking our drink order.

"This all looks good. How do I choose just one thing?" Samuel mumbles. "Do you have a coin?"

"Huh?" Kaira looks over to him.

"So I can put one thing on each side then flip the coin." Samuel shrugs and I chuckle.

"Why not get their dish where it is a mix and match?" I offer and point to the option on the menu for him.

"No way, I didn't see that. That is the way I am going." He smiles.

The waiter comes back and we gives him our order.

"Are you sure you want this and not chicken fingers?" He frowns looking to Samuel.

"I am sure." Samuel nods.

"It is just that your a child and you should pick from the childrens menu." The waiter argues.

"My son knows what he wants and unless it is policy he has to pick from the childrens menu then please take his order or we can go elsewhere." I state firm but polite.

"It isn't policy." The waiter stutters. "I've never met a child that doesn't order from the childrens side."

"You have now meet a young boy that doesn't." I give a tight smile and he nods before taking mine and Kaira's order.

We talk over the different things to do after this and decide to walk down the street to see what stores are around here for tourist, needing a little piece to buy and take home to place on their wall for travels I seen in the living room.

"Here is your mix and match plate with spaghetti and catfish bites." The waiter places the plate in front of Samuel and my son rubs his hands together as he eyes the food.

"Thank you." He gets out as he picks up his fork and digs in.

"This is your medium well steak and mashed potatos with gravy." My plate gets placed in front of me and I thank the man.

"Then yours, ma'am. The breaded pork chop with mashed potatoes and a vegetable salad mix."

Kaira gives thanks and he leaves the table with a smile.

We all enjoy the food and feast on the food as it is a bit heavy for lunch. It is a vacation and I intend to eat my weight in food while we all have fun. Besides, I will be needing the extra energy and calories.