60. Years

Erik moves his hand to my lower back and guides me further into the room as our family and friends take seats where they would like around the tables lined up so that we can all still talk easily

My eyes catch as Dwight moves on the side and the food starts coming out. God, the heavenly scent of the food as my stomach rumbling. I so need a plate as soon as possible.

Josh had noticed the sign first and as I pass by his chair his hand touches my arm. I lean down to him with his motion and smile. His voice is low so no one can hear and Erik stops walking with me. "I am so incredibly happy for you guys."

"Thank you." I smile and give him a quick hug. "Now food time, this mama is hungry."

He laughs and Erik guides me to the chairs on the other side of Samuel open for us. Erik holds my chair out and pushes it in for me before taking his seat.

Sadie, Gunner, and Dwight move around the food and every thanks them. The food is absolutely on another level. Little things Dwight could do with my recipes and make them just more is beyond me but he promised to share some secert tips of the trade since he had Sadie give me a paper earlier today with his added ingredients which was herbs, a little clove or a little rosemary added in that I never thought to do.

"Kaira?"

I hum and look over to see Kate had called me.

"Ready to expand the family?" She motions to the sign with a smile.

"What?" Mom pauses her talk with Kay and sees what Kate is pointing too. Her smile widening and for the first time in so long her happiness just seems to burst out of her. "Are you saying your going to have another one soon or actually pregnant?"

"I'm pregnant." I smile and Mom rushes up from her chair, nearly falling as Dylan and Kay catch her.

Her feet hitting the floor as everyone cheers and once more congratulates us. Mom's arms wrap around me before I get out from the chair and while she is gentle there is a firmness to her touch as she pulls me to her.

Years.

It has been years since I felt Mom hug me in a tight embrace. This time it isn't because she is trying to calm my tears but because she is happy for us. When she pulls back, her hands on my shoulder and her eyes take me in.

"How far along are you? How are you feeling? You're not pushing yourself to hard are you?"

"Mom." I laugh and pull her into another hug before pulling back once more. "Breath. I am not pushing myself to hard as I barely lift a finger to do much with this one. If anything I am trying to do things just to stay fit and get exercise that is healthy." I nod to Erik, who laughs. "I am thireteen weeks along."

As everyone gathers around, I am pulled from Erik who is also congratulated. I see everyone hugging Samuel and say how he is going to be a great older brother as he keeps saying he can't wait.

Kate and her wife fawn over me as does Kay and Mom. Daryl gets a hug in with a smile on his face. "Want me to rescue you back to your husband? They are very high pitch and took you hostage, I could spring ya free."

I laugh and nod. "My food was left."

He gasps. "How dare they take a pregnant lady from food." With a small laugh he takes my arm and I slip through the others as they talk all things baby that I haven't even thought of yet.

We laugh as Daryl leads me over to Erik. "Thank you." Erik laughs and pulls me into his arms. I melt against him but it is right there, I can see it and smell it. My food, just out of reach still. Maybe the sign wasn't a good idea because it was noticed during the food and not after, definitely my fault for agreeing to be placed this soon.

Daryl brings my food over and I smile while I eat being held in Erik's arms. Content and happy seeing everyone around us overcome with joy with the news. The food is ate as the chairs are long since forgotten as everyone just walks back to grab their plates of food then stands around talking.

Music starts to play and Erik pulls me over as we dance slowly to a mushy love song that also seems fitting. Once ours ended, I dance with everyone else one by one as we all just celebrate the day until night falls.

"Are you ready to leave?" Erik whispers in my ear.

I nod. "Let me make sure Samuel has his bag though and tell Sadie thank you once more."

"Samuel has the bag in Josh's truck." Erik smiles and kisses my cheek.

Sadie walks over and I hug her as she pulls me to her arms. "Thank you so much for today it was beautiful and couldn't have been like this without you guys."

"Thank you for coming back here and it was my pleasure once more to be able to help make your day special." Sadie smiles.

I move over to Samuel and hug him tight. "You have fun with Josh okay? I will see you Sunday evening."

"Love you Mama." Samuel hugs me and smiles. I kiss his head and Josh walks up. "Uncle Josh and I got loads of things planned with video games and he even said we could have pizza for breakfast."

I squint my eyes at Josh and he shrugs with a wide smile. "Have a nice honeymoon." He hugs me then Erik. "Don't worry about Samuel as you know he will be happy and safe."

The only thing I can do is laugh before we bid everyone else a goodbye greeting.

Erik takes my hand and we walk out of the venue to his truck. As he makes it to the end of the drive, we turn back and see our family and friends waving.

"Ready to spend the next two days back in the moutains?"

"Yes but no wildlife this time I hope."

He laughs as the truck pulls onto the road.

"I love you." I smile and move over to where my head lays on his shoulder.

"And I love you the most, milkshake." Our hands enterwhined on my thigh as we have soft music playing over the radio.