17. Toy Trucks

By the time we finished eating and paid for the bill, Josh and I had discussed the chances of sharing a condo

By the time we finished eating and paid for the bill, Josh and I had discussed the chances of sharing a condo. His logic eventually is he rooting for me to be with his sister once more so then I could move in with her or we get a new place and he keep the condo or apartment.

Not being one to disagree, we have been looking over various places together for over an hour now.

"This one is nice." Josh nods and I agree since the realtor stepped out for a phone call.

"I like the fact there is a room here on this half and the other over there."

"Sort of like your half and mine. Plus own bathrooms." Josh adds. "Hey do you leave clothes laying around?"

I shake my head with a laugh. "No I prefer tidy and tending to it."

"Ah another reason to love you." He punches my arm and I shove him.

"So onto the next one?" The realtor asks walking in.

"No this is the place we would like to sign for a contract." I inform her and she opens her bag then hands over the papers.

I walk over to the counter and Josh follows. We read over the terms to this apartment before he signs then I follow up. Then I made sure to tend to the deposit that was due, where Josh in returned paid for three months of rent on the spot.

"Thank you gentlemen." The lady smiles and hands over the keys before leaving.

"Got to say this is going to be fun." Josh chuckles and plops down on the floor. "Any preference on furniture."

"Nah I don't, so have fun." I shrug.

He nods. "Want to come."

"I'm up for it."

We leave and lock the door before getting to the trucks. My phone dings and I pull it from my pocket.

"Actually." I get out and stop walking to reread the text message from Kaira.

"All good?" Josh turns around and leans against his truck.

"I need to meet with your sister. Have fun shopping."

"Told you Samuel would take things well." Josh chuckles and then gets in his truck.

I catch his door before he closes it.

"Breath dude." Josh shakes his head.

I shake mine. "I'm good there, I think." I take a breath and slow my heart as nerves and excitement courses through me. "Do I take a gift? What does he like other than games? Would it be weird if I took a stuffed bear or something?"

"Dude." Josh cuts me off. "First don't over think it and just go based off how you feel about doing things."

I nod and turn for my truck.

"I can tell you that when I would come for visits I bring him a video game since he had gotten into that. Otherwise before that it would be various toy trucks which he still has and plays with some but has changed over to the collector ones he can place around his room on shelves." Josh smirks. "And that is all you're getting from me. The rest you will find out as it comes."

"Thank you."

Being in the truck I get to a store and go in since there is time before meeting at the local park. My mind races over everything my eyes take in. Video games, okay no problem but I have no clue what he has or don't plus what Kaira may allow him to play yet. The toy trucks are the exact same issue. I rub a hand down my face with a sigh then shake my head.

I got this.

Looking over the collector trucks, I weigh the pros and cons of each one. Maybe ridiculous but still fun to do. Then one catches my attention with the way it is unique and painted up. The piece is the one I take off the top shelf and then walk to check out.

Back in the truck, I think over if I should get flowers for Kaira. She never was fond of them though and I don't want her to think I had forgot what she does and doesn't like because I haven't. So with a smile, I make it to the diner and walk in.

"What can I get ya Erik?" Kate smiles at the register.

"A milkshake to go?"

"You got in. What flavor?"

"Chocolate."

She nods and makes it up before walking over. I hand her a ten dollar bill. "Keep the change and don't tell Kaira please." She laughs with promises she won't say a word and thanks me before I leave the diner.

With the cooler weather the shake will not melt and I never used the heat. My body is still used to the extreme cold temperatures. This is weather is nice and something I do enjoy moreso.

My leg bounces and some people give strange looks through my windshield, so I smile with a wave. Then I pull my phone out to waste some time.

Emails. Scroll.

Missed calls. Scroll.

Social media. Not even right now.

With a sigh, I lay my phone on my thigh and rub my face once more. It rings and I see it is Daryl.

"Hello?"

'Hello. Just calling to let you know I am sending you an email of the finalized documents to show our contract. Anything comes up with an investor they will contact through me and in return I will to you.'

"Thanks. Also if they contact you and you don't know the answer based off what I gave you for responses in advance to the basic questions they ask weekly just give me a call or text."

'I will.'

We bid a good-bye and hang up. I look at the time and see that took all of two minutes. Time is against me as I start tapping the steering wheel.

Then I see Kaira walking along the grass with Samuel. They reach a bench and I can tell they are talking.

Grabbing the shake and bag with the collectors toy, I exit my truck and make way to them. The smile on their faces eases some of nerves as I return their smile while walking up.

 The smile on their faces eases some of nerves as I return their smile while walking up