19. Bobble Head

"What is it you do for work?" Samuel starts his questions and I'm taking back by how grown up it sounds

"I design video games but also have helped to improve some others depending on the ones asking for my help."

"No way!" He smiles and I nod. "I love video games. I been playing then for five years now. The very first one I got for my birthday from Mama which is the hand held device with different racing games or hidden mystery story games."

"Those are very nice games." I nod.

"I like how the mystery game is like a fun way of reading rather than it being a book. It's more interactive which I prefer more."

"Have you completed any of them?" I smile and ask following up enjoying how he seems to enjoy playing them to spend his time.

"I have finished three and one I have even replayed once too. This new one has me working hard to pass and each level or chapter up gets harder."

Kaira walks back over and frowns after her phone call. I take the chance to spend more time with Samuel and he is quick to agree. She bids us a bye before going to her car.

"Would you like to go to my hotel room? I could show you a game that I got in the testing phase. You could get first view of it to see if it will be any good."

"Duh!" He laughs and stands from the bench holding the toy. "This is beyond cool."

I laugh and stand then take my keys from my pocket. He follows me as I walk to my truck.

Once on the road, it doesn't take long to reach the hotel and he is quiet. Our steps make it to the room and I open the door for him. His eyes seem to take the space in.

"How long are you going to be here?"

I double take at his question. "I just closed on an apartment with your uncle today."

"This has been the best year and we are barely a month and a half in."

"I agree with you there."

"What made you move here to this town?"

"Being closer to the city so didn't have to fly in so often." I shrug and he sits on the couch.

Walking to the bedroom section, I grab my laptop. "This is one you might like. It's a race against time sort of deal. You have to get so many diamonds within a alloted amount of time in order to get accessories or new motorcycles for the game."

"Oh cool!"

I bring it up and show him the keys used for the game. Samuel takes over and I watch him as he catches onto the game quick.

"I like the graphics." He gives me a glance before going back to the game.

The time seems to pass and thirty minutes are more like a blink of an eye.

"Have you had lunch?"

He nods. "Yeah, Mama had us eat before leaving the house and meeting you."

I nod. "Need a water?"

"No thanks." He pauses and leans back on the couch, leaving the laptop on the coffee table.

"Everything good?"

"Yeah." He nods. "The game is cool. Is this yours or one you helped on?"

"It's one I created. Any suggestions for it?"

He hums. "I wouldn't change anything because I at least kept interest in it but stopped so it doesn't seem rude of me to keep playing when we are supposed to get to know each other. If there is one thing I could suggest is make it so that a player can choose different areas and not just the same scene only."

I nod slowly. "Could use diamonds for that give another option." I muse and he nods.

"Mama mentioned she isn't with Daryl anymore when we talked earlier today."

Bobble head for myself continues. "I heard that as well."

"When are you taking her on a date?"

I lean back and do a double take. "Huh?"

He laughs and sits up looking at me more. "You taking Mama on a date. Unless you don't want Mama or with someone else."

"I'm not with anyone else."

His smile widens.

No one could compare to Kaira. Never have I wanted to date anyone else.

"So?"

"I'm not sure. I thought I would give her time after things have ended with Daryl."

"Mama doesn't get happy eyes with him or had them like she does when she sees you. She couldn't stop smiling when you both thought I was looking at the toy."

I laugh and lean up putting my elbows on my thighs. "You want us together then?"

Samuel nods. "Yeah I do. It be the best for us to be a family."

His words warm my heart.

"That is something I would like too."

My eyes watch as he gets up from the couch and stands in front of me. Samuel's movements are slow until his arms go around my neck and hugs me. Returning his hug, heat stings my eyes with all the happiness.

To think I was nervous and now for things to be going so smoothly.

I pat his back and he releases my neck a few minutes later.

"So tell me about school." I smile as he huffs and sits down.

"It's okay." His shrug is half hearted and I frown.

"What's going on?"

He frowns and grimaces. "Promise you won't tell Mama."

"That is going to depend." I raise an eyebrow.

Samuel sighs and looks down. "History class I am barely passing this semester so the teacher has me doing extra work."

"You know she will see your grades though."

"That's why I am working hard. I just don't get the history and the teacher talks in one tone only so I get bored and it's hard to focus."

I hold back a laugh. "It's good your working on the extra credit. As for it being boring maybe find a way to make it a game?"

"How so?" He frowns and looks at me.

"When I was in school with a class that I didn't get much, I would read the lesson on my own and then go in and quiz myself that way I knew and focus on taking notes as the teacher goes about talking that is one way to keep focused."

"I don't take notes." He hums and the nods. "I will try that."

I smile and pat his back. "I would help anytime you want a study."

He smiles and then we get back to playing the game on the laptop.