33. The Walk

"Can I go get Uncle Josh?" Samuel bounces next to me

"Go for it." I laugh as I watch Kaira chase Josh while he holds her hair tie puff thing.

Samuel dashes and is like lightening on his feet. He reaches Josh in no time and jumps on his back before we reach the walking path at the park.

"Got you." Samuel laughs as Josh moves his arms behind him to hold Samuel.

My laughter goes even more as Josh pretends to fall to the ground and Kaira snatches up her hair tie.

"That is my boy." She laughs and Samuel gets off Josh.

Josh spins and jumps up tickling Samuel. "Stop. No. I only did it to help my mama."

Kaira ties her hair back up and it isn't perfect as a few pieces didn't make it up and there is a lump right above the hair tie which makes me laugh, but I don't say anything as I love how it make her even sexier.

Josh stops tickling Samuel and they both breath a bit heavier. "Always help your mom."

"I do." Samuel smiles and then hugs Kaira. He tilts his head and stares at her. "Your hair is all messed up now."

Josh laughs looking at Kaira and she squints her eyes at her brother. She takes it down  and smoothes over her head putting it back up this time it looking nice. Kaira pulls her phone out and I see as she puts the camera on, checking it over then smiles but goes to the text side with a sigh.

"Everything good?"

"Yeah just texting my mom a quick greeting." Her shrug half hearted.

"I done that this morning and got a simple thank you back." Josh shrugs.

I pick my phone from my pocket and send one to my mom. Just be kind even though I still feel sour towards my mom.

"Let's go." I smile when I look up to see them looking at me.

"So do I have a second grandma?"

I nod at Samuel. "Yes and a grandpa."

He slowly nods. "That is cool. I would like to meet them one day."

"One day." I smile and he takes my hand wanting to show me somethings he likes to look at while on this trial.

"What are they like? My grandparents." Samuel asks as we look over the green woods.

I hum. "I look like my father, he just has gray hair now. My mom is retired but enjoys book clubs so is constantly going to one. My dad still works but not much, he is slowly down from being a judge."

"Seems like big jobs."

I nod. "It is. Your grandma was an attorney herself."

"So how did you get into the video game making?" He looks up to me.

"I played lots of games and then in high school after the accident the new school offered some classes on the break down of graphic design. That is where I found a passion for it even more and then went to college for it. At first I worked with a company to get experience then sort of left doing my own thing once my first game was bought by the company I worked for."

"It does sound like fun."

"Have you thought about what you may want to do?" I smile as I remember hating that question at his age.

"Nope but I do like math but next year the school will start offering extra classes for us to choose from." He shrugs.

"Those will help you to see what you may like and be good at."

Kaira smiles as she has been walking next to us. Josh is walking in front of us as he lets us have our time back here.

The walk goes nice and I enjoy the scenes Kaira and Samuel point out. By time we get back to their house it is a little past lunch and Kaira makes up sandwiches for all of us. We sat down to eat it in front of the tv with a show that Samuel tends to enjoy, times where we will explain things to Kaira when she asks what it may mean at times.

"What does everyone want for dinner?" Kaira gets up and walks towards the kitchen.

"Actually." I get up from the couch and walk over to her. "I am taking us all out to a nice dinner tonight."

"Okay." She smiles and melts in my arms as I wrap them around her.

With a glance over, I see Samuel has his back to us watching the tv and Josh turned towards the screen too. I lean down and claim her lips as mine.

"I am so happy to be spending the day with you and Samuel."

"I hadn't even paid attention to the calendar to realize." Her laughs are quiet.

"Samuel and I have been keeping up with it. Josh even has helped take Samuel to stores as he tried to find something for you. He has been saving up for a long time from what he has told me."

"He always saves his money and will even buy his own games at times." She laughs and looks to our son.

"You have raised him amazingly."

"There is still years to raise him and you will be here to help."

"Yes I will." I smile wide and then kiss her lips once more before letting her go.

My phone rings and I frown but figure I need to answer it. "I am going to step outside a moment."

Kaira nods and walks back to the couch. I step out the front door and close it back.

"Hello."

'Good evening. When will you be here?' Mom's voice fleets through.

"I'm not making it today."

'Your missing mothers day with me? I know we have had our differences but Erik please.'

"I am actually spending the day with Kaira as it is the first time I get to celebrate it with her." I cut Mom off.

The line is silent for a moment. 'So that means you have finally found her.'

"Yes I have and finally the last couple of months I have been happy."

'I knew Stephanie wouldn't keep her mouth shut and would finally give it away.' Mom states but the shocking part is she sounded happy.

' Mom states but the shocking part is she sounded happy