34. Brightens

I pull the phone away just to make sure it is actually Mom

I pull the phone away just to make sure it is actually Mom. This just seems to weird that she sounded actually a bit happy. Maybe she had one to many mimosas at the book club meeting today?

"She had nothing to do with it. It happened by a happy occurance, you see the town I was moving too is exactly where Kaira had moved to years ago. I seen her at her Diner and what a shock it was the fate had other ideas since her mom and your guys hid it. I should say since you hid it since Dad didn't know where Kaira was and has been trying to actually help me over the years."

A sigh is heard. 'I have my reasons and at first I thought it was logical because I wanted you to make a good life for yourself, Erik. After you gained your memories back and you didn't follow the path I had hoped, I seen the way your life was going well in the career path. In truth, I have been trying to get the information out of Stephanie myself for about six years now.'

"What?" I shake my head at the information I didn't know.

'After you had a stable career and I knew that part you had acheived, you still weren't happy. I knew how much you missed her so I called Stephaine and have been talking to her trying to be her friend through the years hoping she would slip so I could tell you and right the wrong your father and I done all those years ago by moving you away.'

"But I thought Dad was the only one trying to help me?"

She laughs lightly. 'No he wasn't. How do you think he could tell you where to find that notebook eight years ago? I knew you were there looking and told him the box it got placed in after we moved here and it was placed on your bookshelf by the workers that unpacked everything. I actually took and put it in that box.'

"Why did you never say anything?"

'I didn't want to get your hopes up since I was never getting anywhere with Stephanie. While her and I are actually friends she never would say and when Kaira came up for a visit you were so busy with work that I never knew until it was to late and they were going back home.'

"Thanks for trying then." I rub the back of my neck as my mind whirls taking it all in.

'I would love to see her again. Could your father and I come down for a visit?'

"I would have to talk to Kaira about it. One last question though."

'What it is?'

"Did you know that Kaira had my son?"

A gasp is heard. 'NO! I would have demanded for Stephaine to tell me where she was then to where you wouldn't have lost those years and neither would we.' Mom stops and then I hear sniffling. 'We were so very stupid for ever doing what we done. I am so incredibly sorry Erik and I know words isn't enough. One day I hope you and even Kaira can forgive us.'

I sigh. "Mom don't cry." I stop as another sigh comes from me. "I guess I can see your point in some ways as an adult but at the same time I really can't see it. Right now I am the happiest I have ever been in a very long time and I just am going to keep that feeling rather than anger for what you all done to not only me but Kaira and even Samuel. Let me talk with Kaira and tell her everything, from there I will let you know the areas it would be best to come down here and visit."

'Love you Erik, I will be waiting for your call or text.'

"Love you Mom." I hang up the phone and walk back inside the house where Samuel is laughing with Kaira.

"Who is ready for dinner?" I smile joining them on the couch.

They all nod and Kaira raises an eyebrow. "I need to talk to you later on some things." I whisper in her ear as Samuel jumped up putting his shoes back on and she nods.

We all get in my truck as Josh gets in his and we drives to the diner instead of the fancier resturant in town. Mason waves at us when we enter the diner and Terry walks by greeting us while we get settled in a booth.

"Oh shiznits." Josh whispers. "Sorry guys but I need to go."

"Okay?" Kaira smiles looking at him while he stands back up from where he was sitting next to me with Samuel next to her.

"My boss had an issue and needs help before he looses an arm." Josh waves and takes off.

Mason comes by and gets our drinks before taking the food order. Samuel gets up to go to the bathroom and I take a moment to tell Kaira about the phone call with my mom.

"Wow." She scratches her head over the scar. It makes me happy she hasn't covered it up today. "I mean I am fine with them visiting. I am like you I can but can't understand but I don't want to waste the energy of being mad either when we are finally together."

I nod and smile. "I don't plan on letting you go."

"Me either." She smiles and then Samuel slides back in the booth but next to me this time.

"Here is the order of the night." Terry smirks as he places the food plates down.

"Wow look at you actually being able to carry plates." Kaira teases and Terry laughs.

"The slowest baby steps ever but made it with no dropping. Had to come out and see you guys a moment and greet the boss. Having a good day?"

"The best day." Kaira smiles.

"Enjoy the food. See you tomorrow." Terry smiles and we bid him a bye.

We eat on the food and Kaira looks over and then waves to the booth across from us. I glance over and see Daryl with another guy eating, they both wave and I wave too. Daryl gets up and walks over, "Happy Mother's day, Kaira. You guys are just the sweetest to see all together."

"Thank you Daryl." Kaira gives a soft smile. "How is that going?"

He smiles wide. "Perfect as I think I may have met the true love of my life."

"I agree with you." The guy steps up and hugs onto Daryl. "Nice to meet you, names Hikes, I have heard so much about you guys."

"We will let you get back to eating." Daryl waves and drags his date back to their table where they sit side by side.

We eat and Samuel talks Kaira in playing the racing video game with him tonight. Her smile brightens my day and I am so happy to have been able to spent this time with her and Samuel.