41. Rolly Bolly

My hand rubs circles on the lower part of Kaira's back as her and Samuel talk while we wait in line for the first event of the day

Rollercoaster.

Kaira seems happy and bubbly about it along with Samuel, which makes me smile. I, however, am swallowing every three seconds it seems like.

There is the saliva yet again I got to swallow down.

"You okay?" Kaira turns and looks up to me after I swallowed a bit harsher this last time.

"Never better." I give a tight smile and she squints her eyes at me.

"This one is going to be so much fun. It goes up to two hundred and forty feet tall I think." Samuel bounces as Kaira places her hands on his shoulders.

He has passed the height test with ease to get on this ride.

"Do you see that loop?" Samuel asks looking back at us.

"I do." Kaira nods.

"I so can't wait." He smiles and I smile at his happiness, if only I could feel the same way.

My heart races as we get to be the next ones onto the ride. Statistics race though my mind and it speeds up my heart.

"You're shaking." Kaira whispers turning to look at me once more.

I shake my head.

"Scared?"

"Yup." I pop the 'p' a bit more at the ending and she bites her lip just as she goes to laugh.

"You could stand on the sidelines." Kaira offers and I shake my head.

"I don't want to disappoint Samuel." I whisper back.

"Ever been on a rollcoaster before Erik?" Samuel turns and pipes in.

"No." I swallow yet again this time not just fighting back saliva but vomit as my stomach twists.

"All you got to do is hold the bar in front of you. Trust me it is so much fun." Samuel laughs and then turns around when the guy instructs that we can enter.

My feet shuffle forward and the benches are three long. I get an end with Samuel in the middle and Kaira on the other side of him. The bar come down and is locked in place. The thing moves up some and the next group gathers to get on with us.

As the contraption starts to slowly move and the speaker goes on about hands and feet stay inside the cart at all times I know there is no turning back now. Not that my hands are go anywhere, as I grip the metal bar like I could snap it in half.

With a slow breath, I close my eyes and open them a couple seconds later.

We descend up and I also think the cart is going to stop with how it is barely moving. Thank the stomach churning didn't eat much of a breakfast this morning or else I would probably get sick.