49. Very Prestine

"Ready?" I hold my hand out to Kaira as she takes it and hops out from the truck

"More than ever." Her smile wide.

It is a week since I proposed to her and today we have drove out a couple hours to make it to the venue she picked when we talked on having a lavish wedding. It is something I want us to have and she agreed to it.

"Welcome Kaira. It is so good to see you again." The lady smiles.

"It is so good to see you again too, Sadie. This is my finaceè, Erik."

"The love of your life?" Kaira nods at her question and her smile grows. "I am so happy for the both of you and your story when you called about canceling the previous wedding just made my heart burst for you both."

"How is your babies?" Kaira smiles as Sadie takes her hand and leads her into the building. Sadie pulls her phone out and Kaira aws over the pictures.

"They are precious." Kaira places a hand on her chest.

"How is Samuel?" Sadie asks putting her phone in her pocket once more.

Kaira and her talk more as we make in through the building and I look around. This place is large and very prestine but the architecture is beautiful.

Sadie sits us both in chairs in front of a desk. "Now do you know what you may be looking for or would you like to look through various options you can pick from and just rearrange as you want your special day to be?"

"We know what we would like." Kaira smiles.

"Perfect." Sadie pulls out a notepad and pen.

We go through explaining what we are looking for in the wedding as Sadie will write it down. At times she asks questions and nods before writing once more.

"Two last questions." Sadie smiles. "The menu for food. Are you wanting the same as before or different?"

"The same sides but instead of pork steaks, could we make that beef steaks?" Kaira replies and Sadie nods.

"Of course." Sadie writes it down. "Now, when would you like the big day to happen?"

Kaira looks to me and I smile. "Could we do the fifteenth of February?"

Sadie looks to me and hums before looking at a large book she had pulled out before asking. Kaira holds her breath and takes my hand. It was the date we thought would be fitting as it is the day we seen each other again after ten years.

"Yes." Sadie smiles. "That day is totally open."

Kaira releases her breath and smiles so wide as she squeezes my hand.

"I will make sure we get everything ready by then and you both just come in that morning before whenever you are ready. We will have everything ready." Sadie claps her hands and I hand over a check to pay for everything in advanced. "I normally don't ask for everything up front, just a deposit."

I nod my head to the check. "I prefer to pay for everything in advanced."

"Thank you." Sadie smiles and places it where she needs to. She shows us around inside the building where the wedding will be held before she walks with us to the truck.

As we stop at the end of the drive, I lean over and Kaira meets me for a kiss. We pull back and smile at each other. "Our wedding is set and being worked on."

"Yes it is. All I have to do is find a dress." Kaira smiles and I hum.

"I got a suite already." I smirk and she rolls her eyes playfully.

We drive back to our town and stop by some stores to start the buying of gifts for Samuel. "What about this?" I point to an item and Kaira nods. Going through and having fun, we check out before heading home to hide the gifts.

"He hasn't mentioned a party." I look over to Kaira as she places his gifts in the closet.

"We normally just host something here. Samuel has his friends come over and spend the day with him and I will make lunch to his requests for them to enjoy, which is normally a finger food meal he picks. He never wanted the decorations or anything when I have asked."

I nod and take it all in. She comes and sits on the bed with me, while her hand takes mine and I look at the ring on her finger. When looking up to her eyes she smiles and leans over, kissing my lips. My hand goes to her cheek and I stand partially, laying her down and hovering over her. Our hands roam and soon enough, clothes start coming off.

Just as I go to unbutton her pants, the doorbell goes off breaking us apart. I raise up and Kaira gives me a confused look. We get up and put our shirts back on while buttoning our pants back.

"It isn't Kate with Samuel since it is so early." Kaira glances at the clock.

"Not many use the doorbell and Daryl is working." I shrug as I walk over to the door.

Opening the door, I smile. "Can I help you?"

"Is this the house of Kaira Knight?"

I frown as the older man stands there fidgeting with his hands. "Mind telling me what this is about?"

"Yes, uh." He stops and then looks back to me. "I am Dylan Knight."

"What?" Kaira whispers to my side and takes the door, opening it wider.

Dylan's eyes widen and he lets out a breath. "You look just like your mother."

"Well, my mother taught me not to talk to strangers. So bye." Kaira slams the door shut and turns to me, her eyes wide. "What just happened?"

"I think you just met your father and not just seeing a picture of him. I got to admit the guy is the same as the image of what your mother showed us all those years ago when she was drunk." I state a bit shocked like she is.

Kaira marches to the coffee table and picks her phone up. I hear a dialing tone before a faint 'hello' comes from the other end. "Mom. Did you see my father and then give him my address?"

The doorbell rings again and I walk over to open it once more seeing it is Dylan.

Ah shiznits. Kaira is arguing over the phone and here stands her father. How to be a buffer is beyond me at this point.