35. Make Food

Summer break has come and Samuel has passed another year of school

Summer break has come and Samuel has passed another year of school. Currently we are eating some lunch in the office with a extra fudge chocolate milkshake to celebrate since today wasn't a full day.

"What would you like to do this summer?" I look to him across the desk as we normally take a week to go on vacation.

I trust Kate and Terry to hold the fort down here at the Diner while I take Samuel where ever he chooses.

He hums. "Last year we went to a theme park." I nod and smile. "Year before that you took me to the beach."

"We have been to the beach twice in the last four years and then two different them parks the other two years." I laugh.

"I want to do something different then those two things then." He hums and then takes a bite from his burger.

"You let me know that way I can see if it is do-able or not."

"When we are going again?"

"End of next week since this weekend your grandparents are coming in to visit." I look at the calendar on the desk to make sure as I was telling him.

He gets up and moves the spare chair over to my computer and starts typing. I watch as he goes through different vacation spots, of course he stops on some themed parks but clicks off them after a few minutes.

"Can we go to the moutains? I seen this one where there is paths for bicycles and walking trails. It even has an aquarium."

"Sure." I smile as he pulls the page up showing what he wants for our vacation. "That even has a small theme park looks like." I laugh and he nods fast.

"There is so much we could do for a week."

I hum and nod. "I will get a room booked for a hotel since it is decided."

"Can Erik come with us?" Samuel moves back over and sips on his shake since he finished his food while searching.

"I will have to ask him and see if he is able too." I scratch my temple once again since I hadn't thought to let him know what I have done to become a fun trip with Samuel for the last four years.

Hey got a minute? There is a question I need to ask you from Samuel. I text Erik.

"I need to get out there and make some stuff up for Terry. You can join me or sit here and play on your gaming device."

"I will sit here." Samuel smiles and picks his game up.

"Erik will be here within an hour." I grimace and notice I could have asked him when he was here instead of texting.

Samuel nods and smiles.

I walk out from the office and my phone vibrates.

You know you can always ask.

The end of next week, Samuel and I are going on our vacation trip as it is something we have done the last four years. Would you like to join us? I smile then place the phone in my back pocket then wash my hands.

I get to cooking the pasta and never feel my phone vibrate again. With a deep breath I start on the sauce I make for burgers and the potato skins while the noodles soak in a ice bath after cooking before I prepare the macaroni salad.

I swing my hips some to the music Terry has playing back here on low as my arm holds the bowl and other other hand whisks the sauce together. The best way to cook and always tastes better is when having fun making the food. No need to be serious all the time just be cautious not to get hurt is the key. Make food with a smile not a scrowl.

"I like this view." Erik's voice startles me and I grip the bowl harder spinning around.

"Erik!"

Terry laughs and then shakes his head flipping burgers on the stove top again. "That was funny to watch."

"You could've warned me."

"Where is the fun in that?" Terry laughs and Erik joins him.

"I would love to come on vacation with you and Samuel. Where are we going?"

"To the mountains." I smile and pour the sauce into the container before putting it on the side.

"Sounds like fun. I made sure to clear the work schedule because there is no way I will be missing out on time with the two of you." Erik smirks.

"Yay!" Samuel smiles from the office door. He goes into all the things he found for us to do while there and I smile listening to his excitement.

"I will get the room booked then."

"Wait a minute." Erik turns to look back at me. "If we are going to the mountains, let's get a cabin."

"Sure." I nod and then walk to my office bringing up a website. "What about this one?" I motion for Erik and Samuel.

"Yes." Samuel nods. "That room is so cool."

"It is only a two bedroom." I look to Erik and he smirks.

"I can take the couch or the bed with you."

Samuel walks out when Kate comes to the door and asks if he can help with her phone.

"Now that sounds even better, us sharing a bed." I smile as he smirks. I stand from the desk and Erik pulls me to his arms.

"We can get some more time in. Especially since our son sleeps so hard."

I laugh. "I still plan on being quiet."

"I will see if you can handle that challenge."

"Look what Kate gave me for helping her!" Samuel comes in waving a ten dollar bill. "It was super easy to fix her phone though, it just needed an update."

"I see you are making more money." I laugh and he nods. He has enjoyed making some money here and there, plus I do give him an allowance every week of ten dollars.

"To the piggy bank it goes too." Samuel grins wide putting the money in his backpack. "Did you get the cabin?"

I nod.

He jumps with a smile. "When is my grandparents coming in?"

"Tomorrow evening." Erik smiles as Samuel squirms.

"This is going to be the best summer ever."

"I can agree with you there Sammy." Erik smiles looking to him then to me.