58. Epic

Soft, smooth fabric covers my torso and flows out down to the floor

Soft, smooth fabric covers my torso and flows out down to the floor. Red shines against the light as the design is fitting for Erik and I with the flowers this way will never die.

Today is the today. Our wedding is here and I stand in front of the mirror having just finished curling my hair lightly.

"You look radiant!" Kate smiles and hugs me on the side.

Everyone dear to me is here today. For the very first time since opening the Diner, it is actually closed today on a weekend so that all our friends are here today. Mom and Dylan even got to make the long trip to be here. Daniel and Kay made it just in time before the weather kept them further up north.

"Thank you." I smile. "Should I or shouldn't I though?" My fingers trace over the red lipstick.

"Hmm I wouldn't it isn't you." Kate puckers her lips and looks over the options. "This one."

I take the gloss and apply a fine coat of lip gloss. My eye make up is flawless as I forgone the other makeup. The glow has already set in with barely being into the second trimester.

Erik and I have found out that our second baby will be born the middle of August from the first appointment we went to together. In the room, I held his hand as we got to see our little peanut the first time. Erik shed some tears making me follow as the heartbeat sounded through the room that day. Not a day goes by that Erik doesn't kiss my stomach, making me smile each time. He always has seemed to be there at every turn taking things from me and tending to it himself, which has gotten a huff thrown his way that he shrugs off as he claims he wants to do all things for me.

Now, baby is starting to show on my slim figure. Still on the smaller side, it may look like I am bloated from eating to much sodium, but only three of us know the truth. Samuel was the only person we have told and had taken the news with joy, along with us explaining there will be several years before he can teach his sibling how to play video games. We didn't want to send out a text so we thought today would be perfect so that everyone finds out at once. The plan is to let the big brother tell everyone as he found a funny sign at the store with Erik a couple days prior.

A knock happens on the door and Sadie pops her head in. "Oh my!" She places a hand over her mouth. "You are absolutely stunning."

I smile and she hugs me tight before she takes a step back and looks over the dress.

"I will go down and make sure the guys aren't getting into the food yet." Kate snickers and waves. "See you before walking out."

"See you." I smile and we kiss cheeks.

"How are you feeling on your big day?" Sadie smiles and she squats a little smoothing out part of the dress.

"Beyond happy." I laugh lightly. "Never did I think my life could get any happier."

Sadie fans my face lightly as my eyes burn and I laugh as a tear slips down my cheek. She pulls a tissue out and pats my cheek. "You deserve this Kaira." Her smile soft. "Having heard everything as I call to check on you guys before today and getting to know you both better to make this the perfect experience for you, it made my heart burst. The story for you and Erik is touching in so many ways and to be here today just shows how much love can actually come through."

I smile and nod as my eyes burn a bit more. Taking a deep breath and slowly releasing it, Sadie hands me the tissue.

"How is Samuel?" I ask as I seen her with him and Terry earlier before dressing.

"So happy. Congratulations are in order for you and Erik on the new peanut." She smiles and I place a hand over my stomach. "I can't wait to see everyones reaction if they will catch onto the sign Samuel has placed next to his chair quickly or not."

I laugh but before I can reply another knock sounds on the door.

"Let me get that for you." Sadie smiles and walks over.

I turn to look at my reflection once more and thank the stars for having on waterproof eye makeup.

"Come on in." Sadie moves from the door and I watch as Daryl walks in, watching him through the mirror.

I turn to face him and he smiles while looking over my figure. "You are just breath taking." His smile soft, before I notice his eyes glint with humor. "Good thing I know CPR because Erik may just stop breathing and need it."

Laughter pours from me and I shake my head lightly. "You keep your lips off him."

"Oh honey no, you do the breathing for him but I would get to do the chest compressions and feel those muscles I can tell got to be firm under that suite of his."

I can't help but laugh more. "You got your own husband to touch."

He hums. "Trust me I know and he got the firm muscles too."

I wave my hand to try to force my attention somewhere else to breath properly.

Daryl steps up meeting me, holding his hand out I place mine in his. When I look back up to his eyes his humor is gone and in place is softness. His fingers move to my charm bracelet and I see the blue heart placed there just thing morning from Erik and Samuel for today.

"I am so incredibly happy for you and it is an honor that Erik and you asked me to walk you down the aisle to hand you over to him."

My nose starts to burn this time as a rush of tears reaches my eyes once again.

"It seemed only fitting when we were talking and Erik is so thankful to have you as a friend. Not only that but so am I that you never gotten mad but still stayed around even though we didn't marry."

Daryl kisses my cheek and leans back. "You know how I see it Kaira?"

I shake my head.

"I knew you loved me and I loved you, still do in some ways. That was something I was okay with just being in love and I would have married you had it not been by luck Erik became my client and walked in the diner with me a year ago today. I could see the love his eyes held for you. Your love with Erik is epic. Who am I to stand in the way of an epic love that has shown everytime I am with you two? There is nothing he wouldn't do for you and Samuel. I couldn't live with myself if I stood in the way of the epic love you and Erik have for each other, so I let you go but in the end turns out the best for me too because if I hadn't then I wouldn't have met the epic love of my life."

I smile and cough out a laugh as the tears just flow freely from my eyes. My tissue is soaking wet as Daryl leans over and grabs a fresh one.

"Now let's get you out there to your epic love. Hmm?"

I nod. "Let me get these to to stop." I laugh and take deep breathes.

"You have every right to be emotional today." Daryl smiles wide and holds his arm out.

I take his arm and we walk from the room and to where I see Kate standing waiting to walk in first. Her smile so bright.