15. Socks

The pep in my step feels nice after the dragging feet for so long

The pep in my step feels nice after the dragging feet for so long. Life feels to be finally back on course and not trying to dodge the wildlife through the rocky roads anymore. Even there is some things to be tendous with, but I can do gentle and will.

Last night, I finally manned up and sent a text to Kaira. It made me feel like a jittery teen all over again, but I wanted her to have my number so she can text me whenever she may want.

There was no use in working last night as my mind would not focus enough. The last thing I want is to mess up with the counting and then have levels all mixed up within the video game being created. To much work to risk having to redo all because I didn't have my mind into it.

My phone pings and I see it is Josh. Another wonderful thing is having a friend back.

The others I had prior to the accident had been told the same as Kaira. Then the few I made within college and such have all moved else where and we talk at random or there are some friends now at odds since they want to be competitors with producing games. Now I don't mind some friendly competition but at the same time it gets to be a bore. Which there is people I am friends with but nothing like I had with Josh, that dude would have my back and just talk.

I reply back to his text about meeting at the diner. Standing from the couch, I grab my wallet and keys. Just as I leave the room, housekeeping comes by and I take the fresh linen back into the room before leaving the hotel. I just prefer being there if anyone will be in the room with having my work items there. Besides, I can make the bed just fine and bring the dirty linen down later.

The last thing I need is more of my socks to come up missing.

With a roll of my eyes I get in my car. The drive to the Diner is a simple enough and I admire the town around here. It is one thing the pictures done well with showing the area which is what drew me to this place how cozy it seemed and it has all the stores one may need and if not then the city is only a couple hours away. Makes it perfect I can simply drive to the city where the main investors are located I have been dealing with for years now and I don't have to catch so many flights to tend to the in person work.

My feet move into the Diner and I see Josh sitting at a booth. "Hey man." He stands and gives me a hug.

"Hey." I pat his back and we take a seat at the booth.

Josh shakes his head. "It is good to see you again."

"Same for you. How have you been?"

He laughs. "Dude I been the same as I was before just happy now to know one of my friends is very much alive."

I chuckle.

We get a cup of coffee placed down and I look up to see Kate. "Morning fellows."

"Morning."

"Morning Kate. How is your girlfriend?" Josh looks to her.

"She is better. Somehow she ate some peanut butter and it caused a reaction but all good after a couple hours at the emergency room and home resting now." Kate nods. "Now, what can I get you both for breakfast?"

We give her a order and she nods before walking to the back. It is currently busy and I see a couple others walking around taking orders.

"So video games huh?" Josh starts and I nod.

"Yeah it is fun and something I enjoy."

"We used to enjoy playing them so I can imagine."

"What are you going to do now since you mentioned not being in the navy anymore?"

"Boat work. It is common around here to need it and easy. Just ready to settle down and make a place a home. I tried the dating thing once before and then just ended it but now pushing thirty-five want to settle." He shrugs.

"You're getting old." I smirk and he pauses with the cup close to his mouth.

"Don't make me throw this coffee on you."

I shake my head and chuckle. "Done that before."

"Not like I threw it on you just bumped into you and you're lucky that was me and not my mother." Josh laughs.

"No one was supposed to be there anyways."

"Yeah my mom had went to work and you thought you didn't have to sneak out of Kaira's room but there I was home a couple hours early since traffic was a breeze."

We laugh and reminisce on some past times. The food comes and we thank Kate before she takes off once more.

"So you are moving here?" Josh gets back to the current things we have texted on briefly and I nod while swallowing.

"Yeah I am actually meeting with some people to look at apartments. The only downfall is the ones available are large and I don't need so much space. I was planning to look at them but had thoughts of maybe looking a town over. Now, I rather just pick one in town here and be closer to Karia and Samuel."

He nods. "I was running into the same last night."

My phone pings and I take a glance at it. Karia had finally messaged back and with the quick scan I read she is going to be talking to Samuel within the next little bit then will inform me on how it goes. My breath holds for a moment and I release it.

Josh smirks. "Don't faint on me."

I roll my eyes and shake my head.

"Things will be fine don't fret. Samuel is smart and I don't see a reason why he wouldn't want to meet you." Josh gives a smile then drinks on his coffee.

"Words can be easier said then done." I mumble and he chuckles while finishing his food.