57. Pineapple Milkshake

"Wake up

"Wake up. Wake up!" The bed bounces as Samuel crawls up to Erik and I. "Wake up. Come on." He sighs dramatically.

"I'm up." Erik's voice is a bit deeper behind me.

I open my eyes more and my son is staring at me.

"Yaya! Mama is up too!" He jumps up and down on the bed with his hands and knees. "Time to open gifts!" He turns and crawls back to the end before bouncing off.

"I will get the coffee going." Erik rolls off the bed on his side since I have moved to be right against him with my back.

"Great because I need a extra large cup please."

Erik hums and chuckles. "Really?"

"Yes why?"

"Because not only is it Christmas, my love, but it is test day."

I turn over onto my back and count the days. Sure enough it is testing day, just as I told Erik I would like too since I don't want to be surprised or it breeze by without knowing with so much going on. He just beat my calendar notifications on it being test day.

"But I could get you a pineapple milkshake." Erik rubs his jaw in thought.

"That actually sounds even better." I hum and sit up in bed.

"Come on. Come on!" Our son knocks on the door he closed after leaving.

"Shame I didn't wake up before the start of dawn." Erik chuckles as he comes back out from changing out of his pajamas to jeans and button down shirt and brushing his teeth.

"Why?" I look at him as I move to the closet to change from my pajamas as well.

"Because then I would have first locked the door like we do during any of our time together."

I laugh. "The next part?"

"I would have woke you up with Christmas kisses."

"Oh I can get behind that." I smile and he smirks, leaning down to kiss my lips tenderly.

Erik leaves the room and I go to the bathroom, changing clothes and tending to all the hygeine things to start the day with. Walking out to the living room, Samuel sits by the tree and Erik hands me a glass with the shake as I sit on the couch as he joins me with his coffee.

Samuel walks over and hugs me tight as I do the same. We tell each other the holiday greeting before he takes a step back and rubs his hands together.

"Go ahead." I smile and Samuel dives back to the tree.

Erik places his arm around my shoulders and pulls me to his chest as we drink on the beverages he made us.

Samuel brings over some wrapped gifts for Erik and I before diving back to the tree for his. We watch as he opens his gifts while a smile never leaves his face.

"Your turn." Erik rubs my shoulder and I place my glass down to open the gifts.

I smile and gasps a little with each one. "Thank you both I love it all." Samuel hugs me tight and then I give Erik a kiss. A pallet of eye shadow, some knit sweaters, earring for the cartilage piercing , and along with a fancy looking hair clip for work.

Erik thanks us as we picked him out some socks that have comic designs on them as that was what Samuel picked out for him and I went for some technology that would help his work.

With the gifts done, we make lunch since we all slept in this morning.

Josh comes by and spends a major part of the afternoon with us after giving gifts to Samuel. My parents weren't able to make it down with Dylan being a little sicker currently with his treatments. Then as for Daniel and Kay they sent gifts to Samuel rather than visit, since they had a trip planned from this time last year.

I send a text out to all my friends. We text on and off for just a bit telling each other about the day as Kate and I share the most with each other.

Josh and Erik actually cook the dinner while I watch tv with Samuel. We all eat together at the table and just talk about random things with video games. Which leads us to cleaning up the dishes and all of us playing on the gaming device together.

We bid Josh a goodnight as he leaves to go home. Samuel cleans up some of his toys since they had been left from this morning then lays in his bed as Erik and I kiss his head goodnight and close his door with him in bed asleep in no time.

"Ready?" Erik looks to me and I nod.

Hand in hand we walk to our room and he closes the door.

"Give me a couple minutes."

He nods and waits as I grab a cup and do my business. Washing my hands, after dipping the stick in it and rid of the rest of the cup I have Erik come in. "Set for three minutes."

He looks at his phone and nods then places it down as I watch the seconds pass.

I take a breath.

"Nervous or happy?"

"Happy." I smile. "Things are just perfect. This year has been beyond what I had thought it would bring."

"I agree with you there, milkshake." Erik smiles and leans down to kiss my lips.

The timer goes off and we pull back. Our eyes not leaving each other.

"One." He smirks.

"Two." I smile.

"Three." He breathes and we look down at the stick at the same time.

Erik's hands pull me closer to him as he laughs. "We are having another baby."

I smile and nod. "Yes we are."

His lips meet mine as his hands hold my face to his before they trail down and pick me up. I wrap my legs around his waist and he walks to the room, laying me on the bed gently.

"Best Christmas ever."

I nod and smile as my eyes mist some with the joy and happiness that has swarmed my heart with everything in my life. "The first official Christmas we are together of many to come."

Erik smiles and claims my lips once more as we work on each others clothes.