3. Flip The Buns

"Mama?"

"Mama?"

"In here Sammy." I call out and hear his shoes on the marble floor a second after. "How was school?" I ask from behind my desk as I work on the pay checks for all my employees.

"It was good, same as yesterday."

"And that test?"

"Passed it." Samuel pulls a paper from his bag and I smile seeing the high marking.

"I am so proud of you."

"Math is easy though." He smiles.

"How about homework?"

He sighs. "My history teacher gave us a chapter to read and then I have to answer the questions to go with it."

"Best get to it then. Want anything to eat while you read?"

"Fries?"

"Sure." I smile and get up from the desk as he takes his chair at the front of my desk. "Be back in a few minutes."

"I don't want to do this."

"But you must." I smile and kiss the top of his head.

"Fine." He sighs and pulls his book out. I smile and walk to the kitchen area in the back by my office.

Holding the papers in my hands I place them on the counter and put some fries into the fryer. Then I hand each worker there paper and place the other one in the locker for my two workers that will come in tonight to work the evening shift.

"What's up?" Kate walks over after placing her pad down for the cook.

"Just cooking some fries up for Samuel but I got all the papers for the stubs in the places for you guys."

"Awe thanks." Kate holds her chest by her heart making me laugh. "Has the delivery truck been scheduled to come in?"

"Yes it will be here tomorrow morning and the order was large to last for a couple weeks."

"Good because you know we get many couples in here for Valentine's day."

I surpress my sigh and nod. "Could you make sure we got the tableclothes ready?"

"You know it." Kate nods. "Has Daryl mentioned anything he wants to do?"

I shake my head. "He has to work that day from when we spoke on it."

Kate frowns before smiling. "When do we get the dress?"

"Right before the wedding and it is going straight to the venue."

She nods and smiles wide.

"Has your date agreed to come?" I smile and she nods with dreamy eyes.

"I smell amazing food." Josh takes a deep breath as he walks through the side door. "How can I help? It is boring doing nothing all day."