59. Bride

The flowers around us are beautiful and full of scent

The flowers around us are beautiful and full of scent. Roses littered around the room with baby breath for the combo. I watch as Samuel bounces between everyone around and I can't help but smile.

My fingers tap at the buttons on the lower part of the suite as I wait for the clock to show it is time to see Kaira. My eyes doesn't miss as Daryl excuses himself from everyone and Gunner points out the door as they talk before Daryl leaves, time to walk Kaira here.

"Breath man. Breath." Josh pats my back.

"Here take a mint." Dad opens his tin can and I shake my head.

"No thanks there Dad. Those things are so strong the air is cold when I breath out my nose."

He laughs and places his tin box of them back in his pocket. I like breath mints but those tiny things are just to much. I rather be in tears of happiness and not because my sinuses are being burned from a mint.

"Look at you." Mom brushes my shoulder and then pats me lightly. "I am so happy for you son."

"Thank you Mom." I give her a smile.

"Ready?" Josh smirks as my parents move and walk to their seats.

"Yes." I breathe and see that Kate stands by the door as it is partially closed.

Samuel skids over and stops right beside me. His smile bright and wide as I no doubt mirror it. Josh walks over with the person tending to the ceremony and shake his hand before taking a seat in the front row with Terry.

Light music picks up and the door fully opens as Kate walks down the aisle then stands in her spot Sadie had shown her just a short time ago. My heart beats quick as I can't wait to get the first glimpse of Kaira, as my mind wonders what her dress is like with Kate wearing a soft baby pink.

Before my eyes, my bride walks around the corner and faces me. Her smile grows and I can feel as my cheeks hurt from the wide smile on my face. My heart slows and just seems to melt as she makes her way to me while holding Daryl's arm. Sniffles make me look over to see Mom and Stephanie crying with smiles on their faces.

Kaira reaches me and Daryl places her hand in mine before kissing her cheek and moving to his seat.

"Hi." I breathe and she exhales out a 'Hi'.

The man by our sides goes through a small speech and then looks to me.

"Oh right." I smile and hear as everyone around us laughs lightly.

"Kaira." I smile and she looks at me with glossy eyes. "I have waited for this day for years and now that it is finally here, but it is even better than I ever could have imagined it to be. I knew from the moment your book bag hit me there was a connection I never would have with anyone else. We started dating and I had known within a short time I had fallen in love with you." I pause and take a breath.

"Then something unimaginable happened and we were seperated. I never gave up hope of finding you again and I am so happy that I didn't because we are here now."

Kaira smiles as a tear rolls down her cheek and I wipe it with my thumb lightly.

"If I thought I loved you in high school then I don't know what this is because my love for you is even more. I love how you are not afraid to show how you feel, the constant milkshake you must have daily, your laugh that is contagious. Most importantly I love how strong you are and can promise to love you everyday for the rest of our lives."

I slip the ring on her ring and Kaira laughs.

"Erik, I am so glad I hit you by accident with the book bag that day. My heart is yours just as it was in school. The rest of our lives don't seem long enough as there is so much love I have for you. Together we make a whole, our souls seem to combine into one and there is nothing else I would ever want but you and your love."

Kaira slips the ring on my finger. The cold silver band feeling like it is long overdue to be there.

"You may kiss your bride."

My hands go right to her cheeks and pull her into meet my lips. Soft and tenderly, we share our first kiss as husband and wife. My body elated with happiness.

I pull from her and match her smile. "Did I tell you how breath-taking you are?"

"Maybe before." She whispers and her eyes glint in teasing.

"You are more than that today Mrs. Magen." I kiss her once more before hands pat my back as I pull back.

Samuel moves and hugs us at the same time. Everyone around us hugs and kisses Kaira on the cheek.

"Congratulations." Sadie walks over smiling. "We have everything set up in the next room over for the reception. Everyone is welcome to come over when ready."

"Thank you." I shake her hand.

"It is my pleasure." She smiles and walks from the room.

Kaira takes my hand and everyone starts to flow into the next room over. Samuel dashes for his chair and I see the sign next to him.

'Reserved for the next future gamer coming to the Magen family.'

Josh fist bumps Samuel as he walks in front of the table and then stops, to back up and his head tilt as Samuel smiles wide. He turns in the spot and I chuckle as I notice him looking around the room until he sees Kaira and I standing at the door way still, with my arm around her waist. His finger points to the sign and smiles wide as Kaira snickers against me and I look down to see her give him the quiet finger at her lips, which makes him smirk and walk around the table as he finds a seat to sit.

Now to see who is next to see the sign and what may be said of our little bundle on the way.