10. Wedding

"I think we should call the wedding off

"I think we should call the wedding off." He states and I close my mouth from where I was fixing to ask him how he thought of things.

"Huh?" I stare at him.

"Our wedding." He gives me a soft smile. "We should cancel it."

I slowly nod.

"I know you love me but not the same love you have held for Erik all these years."

"Please know it isn't like that though because I love you too."

He nods. "I know."

"Never did I think we were going to talk about this though, canceling the wedding."

He shrugs. "It is the best in several ways. Sure I don't know how things will go for you or him but he is clearly not dead."

I let out a small sigh. "No and after this I am going to my Mom's hotel room."

Daryl nods with his eyes wide. "Yeah I would say so because she has something to do with the entire lie."

"You said for several reasons." I watch as he frowns.

"So my love for you is there and has been. I would have married you happily but some things has started happening and not sure if we would have married."

"Okay? Is there another woman?" I ask and he looks to me. "Sorry it is just we don't live together and honestly thinking on it our intimate time really has been lacking for the last couple of months."

Which is true we been together maybe once. Part of me thought it was the way we have both been working but also there is just something off.

"No there isn't a woman." He starts but stops and looks out in front of us.

I give him time as I can tell he is thinking.

"There is a man though."

My mouth opens and then I laugh at how his face gets dreamy. "I am sorry, I shouldn't laugh."

He rubs his neck and blushes. "You know I have always been bisexual." I nod. "I wouldn't do anything until I broke things off with you and I was worried how you might react."

I place my hand on his arm. "There is no reason to be worried how I would react. I would have understood too. We could have talked about this a while back."

"It is still recent just within the last couple of days."

"Go for it and like you have said the heart speaks and will tell you." I smile and he mirrors mine.

"I don't want this to end everything. My hopes it we can still be friends."

I do a double take. "Are you kidding? Of course we can still be friends."

He lets out a breath and then laughs. "How are you doing after finding all this out?"

I fill my lungs up with air and then slowly release it. "It is a shock and I got many questions. My concern is how will Samuel take all of this."

"He is a smart boy."

"He is." I smile. "Only ever once has Samuel ever asked about his father and I told him the truth that I had known but now all of this." I shake my head. "First I will tell Erik and then I will explain it to Samuel."

"May be something the both of you do together." Daryl rubs my back.

"Maybe." I smile. "You know just because Erik is actually alive that is doesn't mean we will be together." My thoughts come out as they pass through.

"Maybe or maybe not." Daryl shrugs. "Just this morning his eyes were on you like magnetics and I can tell how much he loves you as if no time has passed. From the little I know of him, I can say he doesn't have anything serious with anyone else currently at least."

I sigh.

"This is all something I am sure the both of you will talk about though." Daryl stands and puts his hand out for me. "Now I definitely want to know how things go with your mom."

I laugh and shake my head as I stand up. "Let me repay you for anything with the wedding costs we can't get back."

"No. The wedding I will handle if the money is lost and it wasn't that much I had more family coming than you." He laughs.

Daryl moves and hugs me where I return the hug. We pull back and he looks down at me. "See ya round."

"See you around." I smile and watch him walk off towards his car.

I look around and take it all in. My thoughts have calmed some and it clicks, I am not even upset that Daryl and I are not getting married.

Oh crap. I dig my phone out of my bag and call the dress shop. Within five minutes I had informed the seamstress that I will not be needing the dress and it worked out perfect since she hadn't got to alter the dress at all. Which also ends up being nice because I haven't paid for the dress and with not altering it, the dress will go back to the rack like it was never pulled for me.

I call Sadie immediately next. Our talk lasts a bit longer and she explains the check Daryl put in for the deposit will just be voided and returned back to him. Her happiness over hearing the short story of my true love not being dead and how it lead to Daryl and I canceling the wedding made her tear up almost from the sound of her voice. Of course she asked to keep her in mind if I ever get married which I most definitely will keep it in mind.

With the two phone calls done, I sent a text to Daryl to let him know. He responds quick with a simple thanking message saying it was perfect.

My feet move and I make it to my car, I get in and start the drive to the hotel that Mom is staying at. Once more as I park, my thoughts go to the day I woke up from the accident and anger fills me as she knew she lied. Then all the years she has hid it from me of Erik being there asking about me.

I knock on her door and wait for her to open it.