26. Flying Ball

"Can I know now?" I ask with a wide smile as Erik and I walk back to his truck after a very tasty dinner

"No." He laughs. "How was the shrimp pad thai?"

"Delicious. Yours?"

He nods. "Defintiely coming back for the lamb kofta."

With the door open, I climb back into the truck. Once he gets in his seat, I can't stop the smile.

"So is this the end?"

"Of the date?" Erik frowns looking over to me. "No it's not."

I smile and he shakes his head. "You're still not getting anything out of me."

"Had to make sure that dinner wasn't the only thing we were doing." I shrug.

Erik chuckles. "It's not."

"Making sure you hadn't lost your touch."

"My touch might be rusty." He smirks and the look in his eyes tell me that was a double meaning.

"Doubtly." I snort making him laugh. "You never told me where you learned all the moves you knew anyhow."

"Things I picked up from books."

"No way." I laugh and by the fate glow of the street lights I can tell his cheeks are red.

"Yes as you know I have been a reader for a long time and well some books I have read had all those things in it and you reacted well to it moreso than the regular sex."

I laugh and he smirks. "You liked it too."

He nods and the truck is parked within a short time later. "Know where we are?" He smirks.

With a hum, I look around. "Sports complex?"

"Yup." He gets out and then walks over opening my door holding his hand out again. "This is a one on one event."

"Oh good because you know I am not inclined for this type of thing and I am not even wearing tennis shoes."

"Don't need them." He smiles and we walk through the door. Erik kisses my temple and releases my hand with a quick words of to stay here.

My shock alone leaves me frozen to the ground. First time feeling his kissing soft touch in so long, my breath is stuck in my throat as my heart palpitates in my chest. God, I missed this with him.

"Ready?"

"If I knew what we were doing maybe." I state with a smirk as he rolls his eyes.

"Patience."

"Not my virtue."

"Don't I know it." Erik laughs.

He takes my hand and we walk through one of the doors. It is quiet and the lights turn on with the door open, I notice large cages and then see the baseball bats in a roll hanging up. Erik walks over and takes one off the shelf before leading me into one of the cages.

"No helmet?"

"I won't let you get hit with balls."

"These would hurt but I don't mind being hit with some different ones." I mumble but his smirk with an eye raise tells me he heard it clearly.

"We will set it on low speed." Erik messes with the machine and then walks behind me then hands me the bat. "Hold it here and here." He moves my hand before his hands move down my waist.

He steps back and the first ball shoots out to me. I swing and hit the ball but it barely moves.

A laugh erupts behind me and I turn my head to glare. "You know I was never good with this sort of thing."

"Here let me help." Erik smiles and then stands in position behind me. He corrects my form and holds the bat with me as I let him guide the moves.

We hit the next couple and they slam into the back of the cage to fall down into the catching net. "I think you got this now." Erik releases the bat and takes a step from me.

Missing his heated body pressed against mine, I hit the next ball the same as he shown me. Then I turn my head to look at him. "Help me?"

He nods and gets behind me again. This time I press my butt harder into his crotch, as he groans lightly from the contact before moving his hips back some.

Another ball comes out and we swing the bat. I jump a little excited and press back into him once more. This time I get to feel more of a reaction from him as his excitement down below has came alive.

"I know what you are doing." He whispers in my ear.

I turn to look up at him with a sweet smile. "Really? What am I doing then?"

He shakes his head with a laugh.

"Just making sure it still likes me."

"It likes your ass very much. That hasn't changed." Erik's breath fans my neck.

Our attention goes back to the flying ball that comes shooting out and we swing. The ball hits the bat a bit harder this time with the resounding thack before flying to the catching net.

Erik takes the bat from my hand and turns me around, while dropping the bat to the ground. Taking a a few steps further away from the batting stand.

His hands cup my cheeks and I get lost in his eyes. "I missed you so very much." He whispers and looks over me.

"I missed you too."

Erik frowns and I scrunch my nose up. "What?"

"You never used to wear this much makeup before."

"Oh." I clear my throat. "I wear it to hide my scar."

"From the accident?"

I barely nod with him still holding my face close to his. My hands holding onto his shoulders.

"Where is it?"

"It goes from my eyebrow and hides within my hairline on the right side. The glass cut my skin as it shattered from the impact." I whisper and his eyes trail over the area as if he could see it under the makeup."

"Don't hide it. The scar shows how strong you are."

"I didn't feel strong after waking up and hearing what I did."

Erik gives a soft smile. "But you are so very strong. Even in the mist of the pain you kept going and look where you are now. You own a diner that is florishing. Gave birth and raised an amazing son that is turning into a gentleman. All of this basically on your very own."

Tears prickle my eyes and I sniffle lightly. His thumbs rubs over my cheeks and I smile. Just as our eyes meet and slowly mine travels to his lips, he leans in closer.