8. Days

Three thousand-six hundred and fifty one days since the accident

The last two thousand-nine hundred and twenty one I have tried to find the love of my life.

Now the day has came when least expected. Kaira stands before me just as beautiful as she had ten years ago. Very little has changed other than she looks more like a woman now. She has filled out a bit more than she had been as her hips are a little wider and breast more ample, which all suits her.

"I assure you I am here." I finally find my voice after the shock is settled lightly.

A part of me fumes that she has thought I was dead all this time.

"Why don't you sit?" I offer and she blinks. Daryl grabs her arm gently and guides her into the booth.

It makes me smirk at her sitting there with her milkshake in front of her. "Some things never change eh?" I point to the shake and her cheeks heat up in a sweet pink color.

"Guess not." She mumbles.

"How have you been?" I ask and watch her. She always was easy to tell how she felt even without words.

"What happened?" She counters and I frown not liking that I can't know how she has been doing all these years.

"You mean with the accident?"

She nods.

I take a deep breath. "I remember the crash now but at first I didn't, not for a full two years actually. It was like I woke up and I lost three years of my memory while at a hospital, I had thought it was freshmen year once I had woke up so I didn't even remember." I paused.

"Me." She states and I nod.

"The doctors kept telling my parents my memory would come back in time."

"Excuse me?" A lady calls out and Kaira puts her head out as it stops me talking. "Sorry could I get my bill?"

"Of course." Kaira nods. "Sorry give me a moment." She stands and her body is shaking lightly.

I watch as she walks to the register.

"So she is the one you been looking for?" Daryl asks and I nod slowly. He lets out a breath of air and then smiles. "I am happy for the both of you then."

I didn't get to reply as Kaira sits back down and I watch her. "We can talk later, I don't want you to get in trouble."

"I won't." She waves her hand.

"Your boss isn't going to like you sitting on the job." I state and she smirks.

"That isn't an issue since this is my Diner."

My eyes widen. "Congratulations, this is a huge accomplishment. I guess you didn't go into medical like your mom wanted."

"No I didn't." She shakes her head. "Now please continue." My eyes watch as she sips on her shake and I smile.

"My memories only returned when I happened to be involved within a fender bender. My car was parked and one hit it while pulling in. Somehow the event made all the memories come flooding back in but that was exactly two years after the accident we had."

I take a breath and release it. "Every since then I have went to your moms house on Valentine's day hoping she would tell me where you were because I wanted to see you. This was the first year I didn't go to your moms and not because I gave up but because work had been busy and I moved here when investors are closer to this area to where I didn't need to travel so much."

"Why is it I never seen you at school then? Like I said I was told you were dead when I woke up a week after the accident from a small coma." Her voice wavers.

"My parents immediately moved us. I had woken up in the hospital a county over in rough shape and by time I was released from the hospital we were moved an hour away from the town we grew up in together."

Her face consorts from shock to anger. "So they lied. Your parents and my mom really didn't like us being together they lied to me and moved you away."

I nod slowly. "When I got my memories back it was one of the first things I done too at the hospital checking me out before going to your moms house. I barely speak to my parents now to this day because of it."

"So." I move to hold my hands in front of me on the table, her eyes casting to my arms before returning to my eyes. "How have you been?" I tilt my head and watch her.

Kaira looks over to Daryl then back to me. "I been doing okay. It took me a long time."

I nod. "I heard about your wedding." I state with a kind tone and Daryl winces.

It is something he told me about while we were eating but I hadn't realized it was to the love of my life. I can't blame her for trying to move on after so many years and her being lead to believe I was dead there is a part of me glad she had tried to move on at the very least, even if I had stayed single because I knew she was out there. There is no other woman to measure up to her and I have known that for the longest, even with no memory there was something holding me back from dating and then I knew why once recovered fully.

People start coming in within a split second after my thoughts have calm and Kaira looks over out of the booth. "Sorry I need to get back to work but I would like to talk more." She looks to me and I nod.

"Of course. Just let me know when."

She nods. "We really need to talk."

I nod.

Daryl looks between us before settling on Kaira. "We need to talk too." She nods and stands from the booth then agrees.

I watch as she walks away and then Kate comes out of the doors from the back. "She is going to kill me. So please help spare me."

I shake my head. "I thought you was going to tell her when you served the table?"

Kate shakes her head. "She wouldn't have believed me and needed to see and find out herself, so I kept her supplied with milkshakes."

"I am not getting in the middle of that." I raise my hands.

Kate pouts then waves. "See ya soon."

I laugh lightly and shake my head. Those two were always close and I am glad Kaira kept one friend through the hard times she had went through. It pains me she has had it hard since the accident and it makes my anger against my parents even more.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

How is everyone enjoying so far?

How might things go from here? Any guesses?