37. Joys Of Vacation

"Come on we are going to be late

"Come on we are going to be late." Samuel jumps as he comes out of his bedroom.

"Sammy, we still have an hour before we get on the road." I smile as I wipe the sleep from my eyes from where I only got up from bed and threw my satin robe over top of my silk shorts and tank top.

"Erik is here!" Samuel screams as I hear the front door open.

My feet drag down the hall but a gentle smile stays on my face seeing Samuel and Erik smiling wide like they done ate an entire bag of candy with a milkshake. Their energy is stiffling and I need a cup of strong coffee to catch up.

For the last week since Kay and Daniel's visit, Erik has stayed three times sharing my bed with me. Then the nights he is not here but at the apartment, my sleep truly lacks. It is not just good sleep because we share close moments but something about being in his arms just calms me the most.

Kay and Daniel had stayed through dinner the night they made it in and then went to the hotel. The following day, we all went on a hiking trail before they left to go back home. It was pleasant with them visiting and Samuel enjoyed getting to know them. Erik and I spoke about maybe going to visit them too since things went so well with this visit.

"Good morning, milkshake." Erik strides over and kisses my temple.

"Good morning." I hum taking in the scent of his cologne. It never fails to soothe me while starting up something deep inside me wanting to ignite. His movements snap me from my own thoughts as he backs up and Samuel bounces to the kitchen, I shake my head. "Let me get dressed and I will whip up some quick breakfast."

"I got the food. You take your time."

I raise up and kiss his lips with my hand on his chest before turning back to my room. With a quick shower and dressed in jeans and a nice blouse, I add some mascara on and tie my hair in a ponytail with a braid on the side going into the hair tie. I recheck my bag and then close it, carrying it to the living room to place by the door with Samuel's. Last night we made sure his bag had everything and ready to go first before bed.

Samuel talks about everything he has found on the website and Erik nods while adding things in. "You both have a lot planned for us to do." I smile and Erik turns handing me a cup of steaming black coffee. I smile and take a sip as it scolds my tongue from being so hot but endearing it as the caffeine feels essential, just as Erik slides a plate over with peanut toast and bacon. "Thank you." I feel my cheeks burn from smiling so much already this morning. They seriously get some work outs when he is around.

I remember times he and I had our disagreements but that is every couple right? I wouldn't call them fights since it isn't like we are actually fighting in the sense of hitting because that is the term, but disagreements are just natural. May even be healthy in a relationship to show where some boundaries are and things to work on together.

Erik cleans his and Samuel's plate with the items he used to cook with as I eat just admiring my view while Samuel bounces next to me on his feet looking at Erik's phone. I look over and glimpse at all the things that is typed on the phone, like a 'We Can Do This list' and laugh internally. All of it does look like fun and just what we all need.

"We leave in ten minutes. Why don't you go make sure your bed is made and get your shoes on?" Erik smiles to Samuel and he nods jumping from the stool, taking off to his room.

"Got everything packed and ready?" I ask Erik as I get up and hand him my plate while his hands are in the soapy water.

He nods. "And then some."

"What does that mean 'and then some'?" 

"I made sure we got a large box of condoms." He smirks.

"Ah the picture of sexy. You telling me that while your hands are in the dirty soapy water doing dishes." I giggle and kiss him quickly, just to tease him lightly, before moving back.

I grab my small backpack and begin placing snacks in it for the drive ahead of us. "Besides, as busy as you and Samuel have things planned for us this week coming up I don't see how we will have the energy to spend time together in that sense." I continue my teasing, because I am sure there is no way we will keep our hands to ourselves while sharing a bed for an entire week.

"I'm not the only one who has issues keeping hands to themselves." He smirks while washing the plate with a quick glance my direction looking up my outfit. "Especially with those shorts." 

How can it be so attracting watching him washing dishes?

His eyes cut to me since I hadn't come up with any retort while shamelessly checking him out again, causing his smirk to widen. "See something you like?"

I go to respond but stop as Samuel skips in. "Done."

"Same here." Erik smiles as he dries the plate and puts it up, before draining the sink and drying his hands once again. "Come on let's get the bags to the truck."

I watch as Erik and Samuel get the bags placed in the back of the truck on the floor behind the passenger seat, as they take the bags from my hands every time I touch one. So, I turn and walk through the house turning all the lights off before locking up the front door. Erik holds my door open and I climb in placing my seat belt on while seeing Samuel do the same. My energy matching his now that I got some coffee while eating breakfast while just the joys of vacation setting in.

 My energy matching his now that I got some coffee while eating breakfast while just the joys of vacation setting in