25. Dinner

Tonight it is finally happening and I feel just as giddy as I did as a teenager

Tonight it is finally happening and I feel just as giddy as I did as a teenager. It does feel like a first date all over again after so much has happened for us.

"Mama?"

"In here." I call from my closet and I hear light steps like he is hesitant about coming in my room like he normally does.

"Where are." His question stops as he must find me and I turn my head to see his eyes wide. "Mama did you have a tantrum?"

"No." I laugh.

"It looks like you didn't get your way and had a hissy fit." Samuel gapes at my closet with me in the middle.

"I just don't know what to wear." I sigh as my current attire wouldn't be appropriate. Black sweats and an old graphic t-shirt over some random show I never watched before. At least my hair is done and was flawless last time I checked the mirror, with the curls I placed nice and even.

"Erik didn't tell you where you are going?" Samuel tilts his head.

"No." I sigh and look at the clothes again.

"I was coming in here to tell you that Erik is going to be here in twenty minutes."

My eyes widen and I run over the top of clothes in the floor, something I will fix later. Being next to Samuel I look at the clock, crap I spent to much time going through everything.

"How did you know?"

"Uncle Josh called your phone, which you left on the kitchen counter from looking at it during lunch." Samuel shrugs. "He is on the way to get me now."

With a sigh, I sit on the end of my bed. My hands run over my face lightly to not mess up the light makeup I placed earlier.

"What about this?" Samuel's voice makes me look back up where he is at the edge of my closet holding up a dress.

I hum and nod. "I can work with that." I smile and he walks over placing it on the bed next to me.

"Glad I can help. It was still hanging up so it isn't wrinkled." He laughs and I join him.

"You go watch some tv and I will be out in a little bit."

Samuel nods and leaves the room, I get up taking the dress with me and then grab some black tights and flats. Going into my bathroom, I remove the strips for my bra and pull the tights up before slipping the dress on. One good thing after having Samuel is I actually got some breasts or else this dress wouldn't look right or probably slip off me.

With a once over in the mirror, I open the door and as I reach my bedroom door there is laughter that floats in.

"Ah, just in time." Josh smirks as I walk into the living room. "Your date will be here in less than five minutes."

"Uncle Josh is taking me to the pizza parlor." Samuel smiles wide.

"That sounds like fun." I kiss the top of his head then move to the counter where my bag is at. "This is for you." I try to hand him some money.

Josh waves me off. "Keep that." He smirks and walks off to the door. "Come on Champ. It is time to get filled up on greasy pizza before we face off with video games because it is my mission tonight to win one of them."

"If you keep wishing you might." Samuel snickers while putting his coat on.

"I bet I can win that dragon game." Josh counters.

"Only because you call dibs on the red dragon every single time and that one has the best fire capabilities. Although the purple dragon can fly better which is why I pick that one to get the tokens at levels in the sky you can't reach." Samuel laughs.

"Game on." Josh laughs and opens the door. "Oh lover boy is here." He smirks looking back to me.

Just like old times. I laugh interally as it never failed Josh would be the one to open the door and there would be Erik.

Samuel hugs me before him and Josh leaves for the truck. Erik punches Josh's shoulder as he walks by before looking back to me with a smile.

"You're breathtaking." Erik breathes out as he looks me up and down.

"Thank you." I smile and grab my black coat on the hanger along with my bag. I step out of the house and lock it up before turning to Erik. "Very handsome."

He is dressed in slacks, button up shirt and a nice coat that seems to be tailored to his body. Erik places his hand on the lower part of my back before guiding me to his truck. When he opens the door my cheeks burn and I jump up to get in the seat. Erik closes the door and jogs around to get in the driver seat.

The entire truck smells of him with his cologne. Everything is cleaned without a speck of lint on the dashboard.

"Where to first?" I finally ask looking over to him as he faces the road.

"Dinner." He smiles and spares me a glance.

"And after?" I ask trying my luck.

"That will be a surprise." Erik laughs.

I smile wide as it is something he always keeps to himself for a surprise factor. During dinner sometimes I was able to get it out of him without him realizing until he slips. It would always be a game to find out during our meal.

"Will it be one we have done before?"

"No." He smirks. "I don't plan on slipping up tonight."

"Darn."

His laughter is like music around me. "I can remember your tactics."

We arrive at a place and at least I am thankful for Samuel picking this dress because this is the fanciest place in town with exotic dishes. I go to open my door but a hand on my arm stops me. With a look over Erik frowns.

"You know I open your doors when I am here."

I give him a soft smile and place my hand back in my lap to which he smiles. It is something I don't think about half the time but he is the only one to ever do such a thing.

Erik gets out and comes around and then holds a hand out as I slide down. My hand holds his bicep as we walk to the restaurant, I can't help but glance up to steal looks at Erik.