Chapter 7

Qingyan had worked a lot and was very nimble with his hands and feet. He divided the pickled vegetables and put them away. Seeing that Qiu Henian hadn't come back yet, he heated up steamed buns for himself and ate them briefly. Then he washed and hung up the clothes he had changed. , it's so cold outside, my hands are all red from the cold.

  He originally wanted to wash Qiu Henian's clothes, but when he found that there were no dirty clothes at all, he had to give up.

  By the afternoon, there was still no sign of Qiu Henian.

  Qingyan started to make plans for dinner.

  There are sauerkraut and potatoes sent by Aunt Li at home. If there is pork, you can make sauerkraut and pork stew. The potatoes are soft and delicious when mixed with the aroma of meat and the sourness of sauerkraut.

  Qingyan rummaged around in the kitchen and found a small jar of meat oil under the cupboard. Although there was no pork, this was not bad.

  Thinking of this, Qingyan took out a ladle of corn kernels and prepared to cook corn porridge, then use meat oil to make a sauerkraut stew, and then heat up the leftover steamed buns from the morning. The amount of sauerkraut was large, even two large ones. Men can also eat well.

  Qingyan has no parents, and his grandmother passed away early. He has lived independently very early. Cooking is not difficult for him, and he can even be said to be quite good at it.

  The plan was quite good, but there was a slight mistake in the plan.

  It gets dark early in the winter, and when Qingyan heard a clapper banging six times outside, there were steady yet slightly hasty footsteps coming in from outside the door.

  Qingyan hurriedly wiped his hands on the coarse cloth apron and was about to go out to greet someone, when he heard Aunt Li's voice in the yard next door shouting: "The old man is back. Your husband is waiting impatiently and is watching at the door. You did it several times!"

  Qingyan suddenly stopped and his face turned red. He argued in his mind, "I'm not afraid that the vegetables will get cold!"

  Then came Qiu Henian's deep voice. What exactly was said, Qingyan couldn't hear clearly.

  After that, Aunt Li said with a smile: "It's different now that you have a wife. When you get home, you have hot meals to eat. I can smell the aroma of your cooking."

  This time Qiu Henian had already approached the door, and Qingyan heard him say to him: "Aunt Li, come over and have something to eat together."

  Qingyan's heart suddenly rose, and he breathed a sigh of relief after Aunt Li replied that he had eaten at home.

  After chatting in the courtyards on both sides, the door of the house clicked, and a tall figure appeared at the door, bringing with it a gust of cold wind. Qingyan stood in the door, looked up at him, curved the corners of his mouth, smiled very sweetly, and said: "He Nian, you are back, let's eat!"

  Qiu Henian was wearing this robe and there were snowflakes on his shoulders. Qingyan looked outside and saw that at some point, light snow started to fall from the sky.

  The tall man said "hmm". He was holding a large bundle in his hand. He casually dusted the snow on his body and head. After putting the bundle in the inner room, he washed his hands. Together with Qingyan, the two of them Division of work and cooperation, occasionally stumbling, put the food, dishes and chopsticks in place.

  While eating, Qingyan felt a little restless.

  When Qiu Henian picked up the chopsticks, he looked like he was about to jump.