Chapter 126 A sudden turn of events

It was decided that Qingyan and Jindou would go with Qiu Henian.

Qingyan immediately felt at ease. As long as the family was together, they had nothing to fear.

He and Aunt Li have both said this. After all, if he leaves, Xiangyunfang will definitely be affected, but they all understand that this is a helpless move.

No one wants to give up the store that was finally built.

Fortunately, Qingyan never hides his secrets and explains the process clearly. It's just that Qiuniang and Shen Wen have to put more thought into purchasing and selecting goods.

Sanyao was also almost on the draft list, but because he cultivated a lot of land last year, the court gave preferential treatment in order to encourage farmers to farm, so he was exempted from military service.

The war never broke out, and not long after, as Qingyan knew, the wild wolf returned the kidnapped people, and the court also compensated the herdsmen who suffered losses on the border.

However, the imperial troops transferred to Fengyu Pass have not withdrawn, and there is no intention to let go of the recruitment matter.

Qiu Henian said that the imperial court intended to take this opportunity to expand the military strength of Fengyu Pass, so as to continue to deter the wild wolves in the north, once and for all.

Qingyan no longer had any illusions and started to pack the things to be taken away, feeding the jujubes and goats to make them fat and strong for the upcoming long journey.

Seeing that this battle could no longer be fought, the people in the entire county became beaming with joy. The atmosphere of depression and anxiety was lifted, and there were more people on the streets.

As for conscription, as long as there is no war, ordinary families, except for wealthy families who have no worries about food and drink, are still willing to send their children into the army to find a way out.

But just when the couple had almost arranged their home, something unexpected happened, and another letter came from Fengyuguan.

The letter was from Lao Huang. He said that he went to ask his superiors. The superiors thought that Qiu Henian had served in the Forbidden Army for many years and had military merits. He had been away for many years and had a wife and children, so he was removed from the list. go.

Everyone breathed a sigh of relief.

Qingyan knows that this is a war that has not started yet. If it really comes to a fight, there will never be any easing of the matter.

The couple put back everything they packed. No one felt troublesome, they just felt lucky.

Sure enough, a few days after this letter arrived, the county announced the list of conscripts, and Qiu Henian was not among them.

...

After such a fuss, a month or two passed.

After March, the weather gradually gets warmer. Whether the war is over or not, the land must continue to be planted.

A few days ago, when we were talking about going to war, we sold a lot of grain, but now that there is no war, some villagers who bought too much didn't want to send it back, so Sanyao took it back at the original price without any complaints.

Of course, such people are in the minority.

When others knew about it, they all praised San Yao for his kindness and were polite to him when they met him.