Chapter 10

Qiu Henian was tall and Qingyan heard the two talking without seeing the person coming.

  It was the voice of a middle-aged man. He said that he came from the town to visit relatives, and just as the family asked him to send a message, he came over.

  The man had a loud voice and spoke quickly, and he understood what he said quickly.

  According to what he said, it was the old man of the Yu family who asked him to pass on the message, saying that they don't have to go back home today. Yu Qingxi is going to the county to take the county examination recently. There are many things at home and he is too busy. He will have time to return home later. Let's talk later.

  Yu Qingxi is Qingyan's half-brother. Unlike Qingyan, who is his elder brother, he is Yu Fengtang's heart and soul who can truly bring glory to his family and ancestors in the future.

  This was not the first time he had taken the county examination. His father only sighed when he failed, but he still urged him to study hard and try harder next time.

  Yu Fengtang himself passed the college examination and became a serious student, but his qualifications were limited, and he was unable to go further. This was a lifelong regret for him.

  The original owner had never really attended a private school and only relied on him to teach him when he was in a good mood. However, because of his talent and hard work, he passed both the county and government examinations in one go. Yu Fengtang had no hope for him at all. Seeing this, I couldn't tell how I felt.

  The stepmother was evil-minded and told her that even if this brother passed the examination, he would not be entrusted with important responsibilities even if he became an official. On the contrary, people would laugh at the bad family tradition in our family and let this brother go out. He was in the public eye, and besides, he was already quite old. He just stayed at home, had to eat, and bought books and pens from time to time. How could the family afford to support two scholars?

  Yu Fengtang had selfish motives in his heart, so after hearing this, he agreed to marry off his eldest son.

  He was too lazy to take care of the housework, so he let the woman worry about it. Although he was not satisfied with the marriage partner, he was relieved when the woman asked for a lot of money from the blacksmith.

  He also cooperated with the woman to deceive his eldest son, and drugged him before he was about to take the hospital examination, and sent him to the sedan in a daze.

  When the sedan was carried away, the old man still sighed behind him and shouted to his son in the sedan: "I am doing this for the good of this family. In the future, you will understand the difficulties of being a father."

  These words were clearly heard by the semi-conscious original owner in the sedan. Halfway through the sedan, he bit his tongue and committed suicide.

  Now that Yu Fengtang had sent someone to send a message not to let them come back, Qingyan thought to herself that this old man might have a guilty conscience, and he probably looked down on Qiu Henian as his son-in-law.

  However, there was not much atmosphere or resentment in his heart. After all, this was the father of the original owner and had nothing to do with him. And in this case, he didn't have to come back, and he didn't have to shamelessly pretend to be sick, which saved a lot of trouble.

  After this incident, Qing Yan thought that it would make sense if he completely severed ties with the Yu family in the future.

  After the person who came to deliver the message left, Qiu Henian closed the courtyard door and walked to Qingyan.