Chapter 37 Going home to live

Shen Wen went back early in the morning. When he came in, Mrs. Wang was lighting a fire and making breakfast while cursing Wang Heyao.

Wang Heyao was sitting on a low stool in the outer room like a lost dog. His shoulders seemed to be even more hunched, his face was gray and his eyes were bloodshot.

Mrs. Lao Wang always doted on her only son. Even if he did all kinds of eating, drinking, prostitution and gambling, she still felt that this son was very good. What was wrong was that he led his friends and husband to have no children.

Shen Wen had never heard her scold Wang Heyao like this. He listened outside the door for a while before he figured out the reason why Mrs. Wang was angry.

After that night, Leizi not only took back the four taels of silver he had given him before, but also asked him to pay ten taels of silver for his medical expenses. Where could Wang Heyao have any money to give, Leizi found someone to beat him up? Wang Heyao couldn't bear it, so he stole a bunch of keys from his mother, tried them one by one while his mother was sleeping, and stole the title deed of the forty acres of land at home. Everything was sold when it came out.

He had a bad reputation, and anyone who bought his land was afraid of getting into trouble, so he lowered the price by half before anyone wanted it.

The land worth eighty taels of silver was sold for a total of fifty-five taels of silver. If anyone else had taken the money, they would have felt distressed at the loss. After Wang Heyao got the money, he almost fainted with joy.

He immediately forgot that the family was almost in trouble, and that Leizi wanted compensation from him. He took the money and put it in his pocket, and lost everything in the gambling shop that night.

Wang Heyao had been gambling for so many years, but he was still a fool. He didn't even realize that others knew that he had just sold the land and deliberately set up a trap to deceive him. Or there was no way he would lose all his money in one night.

Today, Mrs. Wang found out that the land deed was gone. She was so angry that she almost lost her temper. Finally, she couldn't help but cursed her good son.

When Shen Wen opened the door, the mother and son looked over when they heard the noise. The room was dark, and as soon as the door was opened, light came in, making both of them squint.

When he saw clearly who was at the door, Wang Heyao jumped up from the low stool, stuttering and asked: "You... why are you back?"

Shen Wen curled her lips and smiled and said to the two of them: "I'm a little tired, so I went into the house and lay down. I've had breakfast, so you don't need to bring mine."

After saying that, regardless of the reactions of the two people, he entered the back room, closed the door, and there was no movement.

Mrs. Wang and Wang Heyao looked at each other in shock. The scene just now seemed like a dream.

When Shen Min first walked in, they almost didn't recognize him.

The face that used to be skinny, dark yellow and often bruised by beatings, but after not seeing her for a few days, the bruises have disappeared, there is flesh on the face, and it is actually much fairer. She looks five or six years younger, almost like a newly married woman. The way it was when I came in.

Neither mother nor son thought about it carefully. They had always treated Shen Wen badly before. He couldn't eat a few mouthfuls of food every day, couldn't sleep well, and was beaten and scolded at every turn. This person was certainly not in a good state. Shen Wen is staying at Qingyan's house these days, and Qingyan tries his best to make him delicious food to replenish his body. He also finds someone to come to his house every day to chat with him, walk with him, and play leaf cards to improve his mood. Besides, he was only in his early thirties, not too old, so he could recover easily even if his health was damaged.