Chapter 63: Collecting Schisandra chinensis and Phellinus mulberry

On the way back to the hut, Qingyan grabbed a branch full of Schisandra chinensis in his cotton hand, and they were playing around with it all the way. Qingyan was a little tired, so Qiu Henian carried him on his back to catch his breath. When the child comes, put him down and go.

When he got to the house, he took off his thick hat and cotton coat. Qiu Henian went to light the fire made of cinders, added coals, and put the kettle on to boil water.

After Qingyan washed her hands, she picked out the Schisandra chinensis strings and rinsed them in water.

The fire was burning vigorously, and the water in the pot was already warm. It boiled in a moment. He put a few grains of Schisandra chinensis into two cups respectively, and then added

Take a piece of tea, pour boiling water on it, close the lid of the cup and drink later.

Soak this in water and drink a little bit of it every day to replenish your body.

By the time he finished, Qiu Henian had cut the pork and sauerkraut, and soaked the vermicelli.

Qing Yan was in charge of the ladle, while Qiu Henian took over. He stewed the vegetables in the pot, put a sickle on top and steamed the rice. When the vegetables were almost simmered, the rice was ready.

While waiting for the rice to be cooked, the two of them sat on the Kang table and drank schisandra tea comfortably.

Qingyan remembered something and went down to the ground to get a basin of warm water so that Qiu Henian could soak his feet while drinking tea.

According to his experience, the frostbite on the feet can be considered completely healed if it lasts for three years without any further frostbite.

After returning from the outside, soaking in warm water can activate the meridians and is good for preventing frostbite.

While the two were drinking tea, Erxi was not idle either. There was no hunting today, so he was not very active and he was still energetic when he came back.

A Miao was playing with the twine ball that Qingyan had wrapped specially for her on the edge of the kang. Er Xi sat under the edge of the kang and looked at it. She would get up from time to time and pretend to pounce on it, but A Miao ignored it at all, which made Er Xi look particularly stupid.

After dinner in the evening, Qiu Henian dragged a sledge back from outside. Qingyan looked at it with interest.

Qiu Henian said: "It was pulled out from under the snow shell when Erxi came back just now. The wooden boards are cracked in some places. Liu Lihu must have thrown them into the yard when he saw the damage."

Qingyan squatted down and looked carefully with him, and asked, "Can it still be repaired?"

Qiu Henian checked it over and said, "It will be dawn tomorrow. When I go out, I will look for a few pieces of wood that can be used. I have brought a few tools for carpentry work. They should be able to repair." He looked up at Qingyan and smiled. He said, "When it's repaired, I'll take you to pull the sledge."

Qingyan was happy all of a sudden.

At dawn, after breakfast, Qiu Henian set out to hunt.

Before he went out, Qingyan told him that he wanted to go for a walk in the woods near the house.

On his way back yesterday, he saw a lot of Schisandra chinensis and Phellinus linata nearby. He thought it would be good to pick them and sell them back home for money or give them away.

There are no large beasts around here, and no one comes here. Qiu Henian hesitated for a while, but seeing that he really wanted to go, he told him not to go too far and to keep Erxi with him before leaving.