Chapter 99 What I saw in the teahouse

In the evening, Liu Fa's wife and Qi Yinglan came.

Ever since Liu Yongfu's family of three left, their family has finally calmed down. The faces of the two sisters-in-law have finally become shiny, unlike before, where they were always frowning, their complexions were yellow, and their eyes were full of exhaustion.

They brought Qingyan a fan of pork ribs and a large basket of apples. Qiu Henian kept some of the apples in the house and sent the rest to the vegetable cellar in the back garden.

Liu Fa's wife said to Qingyan: "This is the new pig killed today. It can be kept outside for two or three days in this weather. You can chop it up and eat it slowly."

Qingyan stared at the large fan of ribs and said, "My iron pot is big. If we stew them all together, they should be able to stew them."

Liu Fa's wife looked at him in surprise and said, "There are so many, how can you eat them all if they are all stewed?"

Qingyan was a little embarrassed, "Sister-in-law, I want to eat everything I see now, but it's not enough."

Just after saying this, Qi Yinglan next to her covered her mouth and laughed. Liu Fa's wife also laughed, raised her hand and patted Qingyan's arm and said: "It's a good thing to be able to eat. Others can't eat anything for three months before they are pregnant. You still vomit all the time, so you are lucky to be able to eat."

Qi Yinglan glanced at the cabinets in the room and asked, "Brother Qingyan, have you made a quilt and pillow for the child?"

Qingyan shook his head, "Not yet. I think I still have time. When I have time, I will go to the county and buy some soft cotton to make it."

Qi Yinglan said: "When you are ready, call me and I will help you do it together."

Liu Fa's daughter-in-law also said: "The bedding that Yinglan made for Zhuang Zhuang is so good, it's a good idea to ask him to help."

Qingyan happily agreed.

It was still dark the next morning, so Qiu Henian got up, took an oil lamp and went to the outhouse to cook.

After daybreak, the family's rooster flew to the top of the chicken coop and crowed, and Qingyan woke up.

As soon as he opened his eyes, he smelled the aroma of stew, and he was in a great mood.

Breakfast was eaten on the small round table next to the bed. Qingyan sat comfortably on the edge of the bed and gnawed on bones. Qiu Henian took a stool and sat on the other side, eating by himself and adding vegetables to him from time to time.

Before going to bed last night, Qingyan kept tossing and turning. Qiu Henian hugged him and asked him what was wrong. Qingyan held it in for a long time before telling the truth. He said that he was really thinking about the ribs on the windowsill outside and couldn't sleep because of it.

In the darkness, Qiu Henian's laughter was low and joyful.

Qing Yan quit and struggled to get out of his arms. Qiu Henian hugged him and said in his ear: "I will stew the ribs tomorrow morning, so you don't have to worry about it, okay?"

After hearing this, Qingyan stopped moving and lay down quietly.

After a while, Qiu Henian thought he had fallen asleep, but unexpectedly he suddenly said: "Don't put potatoes or other vegetables, the whole pot needs meat!"

Qiu Henian suppressed his laughter and agreed one by one, finally letting him sleep peacefully.

This morning, Qingyan ate half the pot of pork ribs alone, and didn't take a few bites of the rice. Qiu Henian asked for the stir-fried vegetables, so he barely tasted two bites.