Chapter 131 Farewell

Two days later, the supply convoy headed for Fengyu Pass set off, accompanied by Gongwei Lang Baishao.

That morning, Qingyan asked Aunt Li to help bring Jindou, and she and Qiu Henian went to see her off together.

When Bai Shao saw Qing Yan, his expression was stern. Qing Yan didn't say a word in advance of the discord for several days, and just listened to them quietly.

When the conversation was almost finished and the team was about to set off, Qingyan smiled and said, "Next time Mr. Bai comes to Muling County, he must come to our house for a dumpling meal."

Bai Shao felt ashamed and his neck was red. He quickly bowed his hands and bowed deeply.

The convoy was all ready to go. The leader came over to ask for instructions from Bai Shao. Bai Shao nodded, indicating that they were ready to set off.

Although he was not in charge of supplies, his official rank was higher than that of the leader of the convoy, so the leader greeted him politely no matter what he did.

Qiu Henian and Qingyan retreated to the side of the road, watching Bai Shao get on the horse, grasping the reins, turning around, and said to them, "I'm leaving. I hope to see you again someday."

Qiu Henian also bowed his hand to him, Qingyan smiled and nodded, and Bai Shao lightly clamped his horse's belly with his feet and followed the convoy to the north.

After the convoy walked out for some distance, Bai Shao tightened the reins, reached the end of the team, and looked back.

From a distance, I saw the couple still standing on the roadside where they had just said goodbye, looking this way. Seeing him looking back, they waved to him.

Bai Shao also raised his hand and waved, changed direction again, and followed the team.

After walking far away, Bai Shao looked back and could no longer see the familiar figures on the road.

A feeling of loss made him slump.

That day in Xiangyunfang, he saw Qingyan holding the child and talking to the older woman with a smile.

Jin Dou in Qing Yan's arms was sleepy, lying on his father's shoulders with half-closed eyes, and his two little hands hanging softly on both sides. On the child's lotus-like wrists, he was wearing the pair of children's shoes he had given him. Small silver bracelet with bell.

Before that, he had just said those stupid words to the other party that inflamed their relationship as husband and wife. Qingyan punched him angrily, but she didn't bear any grudge against him.

This can be seen from the bracelet that was not taken off the child's hand and Qiu Henian's attitude when he saw him off.

Bai Shao also joined the Forbidden Army when he was eighteen or nineteen years old. He spent all his time with his brothers in the army. He was a rough, straightforward and righteous man. He was from the seventh rank at a young age. Although he was not overly arrogant, he somewhat thought highly of himself.

Before coming to Muling County, he would never have imagined that he would suffer such a setback here.

And part of the reason why he kept misunderstanding Qing Yan was because he didn't believe that in this small and remote town, there could be such a person who was first-class in appearance, temperament, and cultivation, and who was inappropriate in every aspect. .

In contrast, he became the unpleasant clown.

But Bai Shao didn't feel any resentment at all, but only felt shame and admiration.