Chapter 90 Another New Year's Eve

Aunt Li brought out all the delicious food at home for this meal. There were twelve dishes on the table, which was more sumptuous than other people's New Year's Eve meal.

Everyone at the table ate very happily, especially Nannan, who talked a lot and made a childish and funny remark from time to time, which made everyone laugh.

When Ren Xiao stood up again to pour wine for Qiu Henian, Aunt Li quickly stopped him and said, "Don't drink too much, just have the last glass." She winked at her son-in-law, and Ren Xiao bowed with a smile.

Qin Lan patted his arm and scolded him with a smile: "You, a drug store owner, don't you know that drinking is harmful to your health? My brother is planning to have a child."

In this way, things about the child were mentioned from time to time at the table, which made Qingyan so embarrassed that he didn't even raise his head to pick up food during the meal. However, his plate was not empty. The man next to him was drinking with others, and he didn't forget to do it from time to time. Give him some of his favorite dishes.

After dinner, it was almost dark. Qin Lan and his wife took their children and got on the carriage back to the county.

The outhouse was packed up, and they had already made an appointment with Aunt Li to celebrate the festival together tomorrow. When Qingyan and the others left, they mentioned it to her again before returning home.

Qiu Henian was a little drunk, so he entered the house, washed his face and leaned on the bed.

Qingyan made him honey water to relieve his hangover and watched him drink it.

When he took the bowl and wanted to wash it in the outer room, his wrist was suddenly grabbed by Qiu Henian.

Qingyan turned to look at him. Qiu Henian leaned on the quilt with his eyes half closed and said, "Sit down for a while."

Qingyan put the bowl in his hand on the table and sat on the edge of the bed.

Qiu Henian said: "It's been two years."

Qingyan said "hmm", and he immediately understood what the other party meant. They had been married for two years.

The past two years have passed slowly and quickly. Three meals a day and one night's sleep have just passed day by day. But the tacit understanding between the two hands when preparing these three meals, the small talk during the meal, the warmth, tenderness, and sleeping with each other's necks at night seemed to have stopped time and slowed down its pace.

On the night of their wedding, Qingyan mustered up the courage to say "hmm", but in fact he was extremely uneasy inside. He didn't know what kind of future would await him.

At that time, he would have thought that he might be happy and beautiful in the future, but today he sat on the edge of the bed and looked at the person he liked in front of him, and he had a real sense of the realization of his vision.

Qiu Henian held Qingyan's wrist and exerted a little force. It didn't hurt, it just felt solid and secure.

"Qing Yan," he opened his eyes, looked at Qing Yan, and said, "I have been very happy these two years."

Qingyan turned to hold his hand with both hands, eyes bright, and said, "Me too."

Qiu Henian was almost sober from the wine, so the two of them boiled water and took a bath.

It's the Chinese New Year, the house must be dusted, and everyone must be clean. When you get up tomorrow, you must put on new clothes.

It was not too early today, and they would have to get up early tomorrow. The two of them took a bath one after the other, and only kissed before going to bed. There was no time to do anything, so they went to sleep.