Chapter 113 Past

In a tea room on the second floor of a teahouse in the county town, Qiu Henian, wearing a blue-gray robe, with his hair tied and wearing a crown, clasped his hands and bowed to the person standing by the window, called "Uncle."

The man was about fifty years old, with a pale face and no beard, obvious wrinkles on his forehead and at the corners of his eyes, and a cold and hard temperament. This man was Qiu Yan, the envoy sent by the emperor of this dynasty.

Qiu Yan's gray eyes looked at the young man in front of him, his thin lips moved, and he said, "You are actually willing to call me uncle."

Qiu Henian stood up straight, put his hands down, and said, "We haven't seen each other for many years. This is the etiquette of a junior."

Qiu Yan's face was gloomy, "Even if I asked you to give up your military glory to Qinian, and used the lives of all your subordinates to force you to take poison to erase your memory, leaving you living in a small mountain village as a poor blacksmith, you would not resent me. ?"

Qiu Henian's expression was calm. He looked at the other person and said, "They have been kind to me in raising me. If my parents didn't take me back, I might have died from the bite of a wild dog or a winter dog." It's freezing cold."

He lowered his eyelids, paused, and then said: "I just think that these years have been spent repaying all this kindness."

Qiu Yan's eyes were bright and he said, "Did you read the letter I had someone give you when you were in prison?"

Qiu Henian nodded, "I saw it."

Qiu Yan said: "Since you already know that it was not me who made the decision to force you to give up the credit, but your father's will, and the person who made the poison was a sincere servant of the Qiu family, why don't you hate it?"

Qiu Henian was silent for a while and said, "I hated it."

In other words, I no longer hate it.

Qiu Yan narrowed his eyes and asked again: "After hearing such news and not knowing your future life or death in prison, why didn't you just give up? Since you are grateful for their life-saving and upbringing, why not use your life? Bury them with them? Or are you greedy for life and afraid of death?"

Qiu Henian looked up at him and asked, "Do you want to see me go to the execution ground by myself, with my head in a different place?"

Qiu Yan gritted his teeth, "Why not? Qinian is dead, what's the use of you living?"

Qiu Henian said: "I don't want to die because there are still people in this world who can't lose me, who I can't let down."

Qiu Yan sneered, "How do you know that you won't be happier without this person?"

Qiu Henian suddenly smiled and said, "Didn't you see him in the capital? If he tries his best and you still don't agree to his request, he will fight you tooth and nail."

Qiu Yan's eyes twitched, he flicked his sleeves and turned away, facing the window.

The room was quiet for a while, and Qiu Henian said quietly again: "The person you are most sorry for is not me, but someone else."

Qiu Yan moved his body. After a while, his straight back bent. He sighed deeply and said, "When I go back this time, if I have time, I will go to Nanhui County and apologize to him in person. It's up to him."

Qiu Henian said: "Because of your selfish behavior, he has been away from home for many years, and there is no possibility of family reunion. How can a light apology be offset."