Chapter 35 Rebirth

It's been so long, it's impossible to be alive.

For a moment, there was silence beside the well, and then someone timidly asked: "Dead... are you dead?"

At this moment, Qingyan saw the motionless corpse-like person lying on the ground, and his eyebrows seemed to frown. He almost thought he had seen it wrong. The next moment, Shen Wen suddenly opened his mouth and spat out water.

Many people didn't react to this scene. Qingyan rushed over and, together with a few others who reacted quickly, held up Shen Wen and asked him to sit up and vomit on the ground to prevent him from choking into his trachea.

Qingyan felt that the coldness of his back gradually revealed a little warmth. He closed his eyes, and the big stone in his heart finally fell.

After such a long time, I thought there was no hope, but unexpectedly, this man miraculously recovered.

A quarter of an hour later, Shen Wen had been sent to the nearest village chief's home, and the doctor was also invited. The village chief's husband and Qing Yan were taking care of her in the back room.

The smell of soup and medicine permeated the room, and basin after basin of hot water was boiled and brought in. The wet clothes and cloths used to wipe the blood stains were brought out.

The village chief is about fifty years old. Although his hair is white, there are not many wrinkles on his face and his eyes are bright.

He had driven away all the irrelevant spectators, and now he was the only one left in the house, along with two old men who were prestigious and well-spoken in the village, as well as Qiu Henian, the second eldest son of the Wang family, and Qiuniang, the third eldest son of the family.

Wang Sanyao has been in the county for a while, and he doesn't know about this. Qiuniang has already asked someone to send a message to the city.

The village chief said: "I've sent someone to call Mr. Wang and my wife. Before they come over, what are your plans for this matter?"

Qiuniang glanced at Qiu Henian and saw that he had no intention of speaking, so she said: "Village chief, you and your uncles all know that this old man and his wife are not good people. Shen Wen's jumping into the well this time is very likely to happen." Eighty-nine times, these two girls have forced me to live. After this, if you still let Shen Wen be taken back by them, I'm afraid you'll be a dead person again!"

Hearing this, everyone was silent for a while. After a while, an old man in his 60s or 70s sitting next to the village chief said: "We still don't know what happened now, and we can't jump to conclusions. After a while, Mom, come here, we can ask him, and when the guy in the room wakes up, we can also confront him face to face."

After hearing this, Qiuniang raised her eyebrows and said: "I'm telling you, Uncle Li, you are too old to leave the house. You don't know the character of those two people, and yet you confronted them face to face. I'm afraid Shen Wen will be punished when you see them." I'm so scared that I can't even say a word!"

The old man's face suddenly turned red and he said to her, "Why are you talking, little girl?"

Qiuniang said: "I tell the truth, it is better than you and Xini."

The old man was so angry that he was shaking, pointed at her and said: "You..."

The village chief quickly patted the old man's arm and comforted him: "Uncle Li, don't argue with her. She must be anxious if something like this happens to a relative at home." He waved to Qiuniang again, telling her not to mess with her again. The old man was angry. Qiuniang closed her mouth when she saw this, turned her head to the side and stopped talking.