Chapter 42 A Secret Letter

Liushenwuzhu's Qingyan was sent to Aunt Li's house next door by Qiu Henian. After Aunt Li understood what was going on, she almost burst into tears. It was not easy for two children to save money. This was stealing all the money from the family. She shook her head. Wiping away tears, he muttered: "Who is this person who has killed a thousand swords? He is committing evil!"

Qingyan's face turned pale. After wiping his tears, Aunt Li quickly poured hot water for him and drank it slowly, and he finally calmed down a little.

Not long after the meeting, Qiuniang also knocked on the door and came in. She said to Qingyan: "Second brother told me to come and talk to you. Don't worry too much. Those hired workers are all from nearby villages. Run away." Come on, the monk can't escape from the temple, second brother and the others will definitely be able to catch him."

As she spoke, she sighed deeply and blamed herself: "It's all my fault. I didn't choose the right person, and this happened to your family."

Qingyan shook his head and said, "I can't blame you no matter what. You know people and faces but don't know their hearts. They are all familiar employees. Who would have thought that he could do such a thing? I hope this person hasn't gone too far and can still be found." return!"

After talking for a while, Qingyan finally came out of the panic and heartache.

Come on, he thought to himself, even if he really couldn't find anything, money was just something outside of him. At worst, he would have to make it all over again. They were all young, capable, and not afraid of spending more effort to make money.

Less than an hour after he said these words, Liu Fa's wife hurriedly came and said with a worried look on her face: "They have captured the person, and he is at the village chief's house now!"

Everyone hurried to the village chief's house together.

When they arrived at the place, they saw that the door of the village chief's house was closed. After knocking on the door for a while, the village chief's husband came over and opened the door a crack to look outside. When he saw it was them, he opened the door and let them in. After that, he still closed the door tightly. Tightly, tied up.

In the room, the village chief, the eldest and second son of the village chief's family, the two Liu brothers, and Qiu Henian were all there. Four people stood neatly in front of them, the four hired workers hired by Qingyan and Qiuniang.

Seeing Qingyan and the others come in, Qiu Henian quickly glanced at Qingyan's face and body. Seeing that his face looked much better than when he left, he looked away and looked at the four people standing in front of him.

The old employee looked nervous, but spoke clearly and coherently, "You can ask around here. My family used to be scholars, and they fell into this situation after their family fell into poverty. I know etiquette, justice and shame, and I have been a hired worker for more than ten years. , I have never been greedy for half of my master's family in the past ten years, and I have never dared to cheat when I was working. If I was the one who did this, I would be willing to be struck by thunder and die hard!"

The other employees also followed his example and defended themselves. Only the youngest employee had wandering eyes and a frightened face. If anyone spoke a little louder, he would shrink his shoulders in fear and look uneasy. All those people had finished speaking. , he stumbled along and said: "I...I didn't steal...steal money. You can also go to the neighboring villages to ask. I usually go to the town to do odd jobs and work as a hired hand during busy farming periods. I have never stolen the owner's money." ."

"I found you in the tavern in the town. Did you go drinking right after you came out of Liuxi Village?" Qiu Henian asked suddenly.

The young hired man didn't dare to look up at him, he just lowered his eyes and nodded.