Chapter 18

He turned back to look at Qiu Henian, who had been paying attention to his movements. When he saw this, he said: "It's alive, take it back and give it to Nian Sheng."

  Niansheng's full name is Wang Niansheng, he is exactly ten years old this year, and Qiu Henian is called uncle. He is the grandnephew of Blacksmith Wang.

  Blacksmith Wang has no children, and his two brothers have died, leaving only two nephews. The eldest is over thirty, named Wang Heyao. He beat the miserable wife.

  The second child is called Wang Sanyao. He is in his twenties. His parents are both gone, and his family is now a family of three.

  Qiu Henian was thinking about the child of Wang Sanyao's family who brought the hedgehog.

  Qingyan said, "Then I will put it in a bamboo basket. When we walk back, I will put the basket in my quilt and lift it up from time to time to let it breathe. I hope it won't freeze or damage it."

  Qiu Henian nodded and glanced around him, seeming to be inspecting the situation of this young man who was guarding the house alone.

  Qingyan remembered something, smiled, slipped out the pheasant, and showed it to the other party in a showy way. The pheasant was so frightened that its feathers stood up.

  "Er Xi and I caught it, and it flew over the treetops," Qingyan gestured excitedly, "Er Xi chased it out, and I just pounced, one by the head and the other by the tail, and all of a sudden Just capture it alive!"

  When Erxi heard the name, she ran over and stood next to Qingyan. They both raised their heads and looked at him with bright eyes, waiting for his praise.

  Qiu Henian's always slightly tense lips relaxed. He put down the empty bowl in his hand, stood up, touched the top of Qingyan's head, then bent down and patted Erxi's dog's head, and said, "Everyone is doing it." Very cool!"

  Although he was praised, Qingyan always felt that something was strange.

  After dinner, they went to bed early.

  Early the next morning, Qiu Henian set out to hunt again.

  This was their last day in the mountains. Looking at the weather, it might snow tomorrow and the day after tomorrow. They had to try to get back before it started snowing.

  Qingyan started packing her things during the day, packing and putting away anything she didn't need first to avoid being too busy tomorrow.

  Then he briefly handled the roe deer and deer that Qiu Henian brought back yesterday, and tied them to the cart with ropes.

  Dinner was almost done, and he went to the door to look around from time to time, but he didn't see the person he was looking forward to.

  After heating the food in the pot, Qingyan waited by the door. When it was completely dark and he could hardly see anything outside, he felt a little panicked.

  When he was considering taking Erxi out to search, a tall figure finally came out from the woods.

  Qingyan's heart suddenly dropped to the ground, and she hurriedly opened the door and ran out to greet him.

  Qiu Henian came back today with a lot of things on his back, in his hands, and on his waist.

  Qingyan helped him unload it neatly and put it in the yard first.

  It's time, they eat first.

  Qiu Henian had been working outside all day. Even if he brought dry food, he must be very hungry now.