Chapter 43 Wang Heyao was arrested

The other officer who chased us out came back panting and said, "There was no one outside. He must have watched us enter the door, and that person stuffed the letter in."

The officer holding the letter thought for a while and asked Qiu Henian: "Your adoptive father's surname is Wang. The letter mentions that this man is also surnamed Wang. What is your relationship?"

Qiu Henian then talked about his relationship with the two remaining brothers of the Wang family, as well as his past grudges.

The yamen officer frowned and said, "It seems that no matter who the messenger is, they have to go to Mr. Wang's house to have a look."

Because Wang Heyao and Qiu Henian had a lot of quarrels in the past, the government officials did not let them lead the way. Instead, they asked for the general direction and searched all the way there.

When the two government officials arrived at the east of the village, the half-grown children who had never seen this behavior along the way were all running and playing behind them.

The story that the second son of the Wang family lost money had been circulated in the village for several rounds last night. Many people stuck their heads out to see the yamen servants as they walked by, and some asked the yamen servants if they were going to Mr. Wang's house to arrest someone.

The officer stopped and asked, "How do you know we are going to Mr. Wang's house, and why do you think we are going to arrest him?"

The man looked around, lowered his voice and said: "I originally heard that the money of the second son of the Wang family was stolen by a hired worker, but you didn't take the hired worker away, and instead came in the direction of Mr. Wang's family. So there's a good chance that Even if I went to catch him, his mother was so hungry that she turned blue recently, and she didn't stop him from going out to eat, drink, whore, and gamble. Yesterday, I heard their mother crying in the yard, and his husband was also sobbing. I don't know if it was After losing all his belongings, he jumped over the wall and went to steal money from the second son of the Wang family."

The officials looked at each other with even more suspicion in their eyes.

After not walking far, we arrived at the place. After knocking on the door, the person who opened the door was a thin man in his thirties wearing a gray robe. There was a clear blue slap mark on one side of his face.

When he opened the door and saw the yamen servant, he looked a little flustered, but it was normal. Common people would inevitably be cautious when meeting people who were eating from the government, especially in this remote mountain village, where most of the villagers had never seen much of the world. I have never dealt with the county government.

The leading Yamen servant asked: "Are you Shen Wen, Wang Heyao's husband?"

Shen Min lowered his head and nodded with some fear, "Yes, sir."

The yamen servant asked again: "Is Wang Heyao at home?"

Shen Wen shook his head and said, "He's not here. He went out just now..."

Before he finished speaking, an elderly woman asked from behind: "Who is here?"

Shen Wen quickly turned around and responded: "Mom, it's two government servants. They asked where my husband was."

The woman came out, her face a little gray, with deep wrinkles on her face. She was scared when she saw the yamen servant. She hunched her shoulders and said, "My family went to the county together, and a friend asked him to go have a drink."

As soon as these words were spoken, the leading Yamen servant noticed keenly that Shen Wen suddenly looked back at her mother-in-law, and then quickly lowered her eyes.