Chapter 83 Past

"On the day I entered the pass, I went to see the official who was treated by the old doctor. The first time he saw me, he called out my name." Qiu Henian said slowly.

On the bed, the two of them put on their outer robes, crossed their legs, and sat facing each other.

Qingyan looked at him and said, "He knows you."

Qiu Henian nodded, "Five or six years ago, he used to be my colleague. His surname was Huang, and he was a loyal man. At that time, we all called him Lao Huang."

Qingyan asked: "Do you remember everything in the past?"

Qiu Henian said: "No, when I saw him, I just remembered some things about me in the army. The old doctor said that I still need time to recover. He suggested that I go to places I was familiar with before and have more contact with acquaintances from the past. , this way the memory will be restored faster."

"When I could still move around, I walked around the pass and looked around. Lao Huang wrote me a souvenir. As long as it was not a military important place, no one would stop me. But many of the people I knew at that time had already Either transferred or retired, it's no longer a critical issue."

"When can you still move around?" Qingyan asked keenly. .

Qiu Henian smiled bitterly and said, "Because I couldn't know the exact type of poison on my body, I frequently changed and tested the medicines in the first few days after arriving at Fengyuguan. About seven or eight days later, one of the medicines was very serious. , I never got off the ground again."

As soon as he finished speaking, Qingyan's eyes turned red, "I just felt something was wrong. I kept mentioning the crabapple tree over and over again in my letter."

Qiu Henian leaned over and shook Qing Yan's wrist on his knee, "I didn't want to tell you this, but I didn't want you to think about it, so I just told you. But don't be sad about it. It's all over in the end." , I'm back safely now."

Qingyan nodded, wiped his eyes, and continued to listen to him carefully.

Qiu Henian said: "I was in a bad state at that time, and my waking hours gradually became less and less. Every time I woke up, I would ask for pen, ink, paper and inkstone to write you a letter. I was also afraid that you would see something and feel worried. But I really can't hold on if I don't write."

"One time I woke up and wanted to write you a letter and ask the boy to bring me a pen, but he ran out in panic and called the old doctor. Only when he came did I realize that I had fallen asleep. It lasted more than ten days. When I woke up this time, I was too weak, so I forced myself to finish writing the letter, instruct the boy to send it, ate something and then fell asleep again."

"When I woke up this time, the old doctor happily told me that all the poisons in my body had been eliminated. I wrote you a letter that day and told you about my return trip. Unfortunately, I encountered yellow sand. It Arriving later than me."

After listening, Qingyan noticed something was wrong and asked: "You woke up for the second time. You must have been in a coma for more than ten days. How are you going to leave the next day?"

Qiu Henian smiled and said, "Both the old doctor and Old Huang advised me to stay for a few more days, but I really missed home so much, so I set out on the road. I walked slowly at first and rested when I was tired. Later I stopped walking. As he gradually recovered, he speeded up and rushed back."

Qiu Henian said it easily, but Qing Yan could imagine how difficult it was. He clutched his robe tightly in distress.

Qiu Henian looked at the single coat and sachet placed on the bedside. There were some things he didn't tell Qingyan. During the storm, these two items were also placed next to his pillow. The boy who took care of him knew not to move them and waited for him. You will see it when you wake up, and you will hold it in your hands for a long time without putting it down.

Sometimes Lao Huang came to see him, and when he saw him like this, he laughed at him for being worthless, thinking about him all the time after marrying a husband, and losing his manliness.

Qiu Henian just smiled after hearing the ridicule and didn't care.

Lao Huang's parents are still alive and he has many brothers and sisters. Although he has stayed at the border for more than ten years, he goes back to visit relatives every year. His wife and children are also in the town next to the border.

Lao Huang couldn't understand how Qiu Henian felt when he was alone, with only one person he cared about in the world.

Qiu Henian held Qingyan, who was holding back tears, into his arms, and the two lonely hearts came together.

Qiu Henian hugged him and put his chin against the side of his face, "My home is in the south, not far from Nanhui County where Uncle Qin lives. When he was a child, he was an orphan wandering on the street. When he was seven or eight years old, he was taken in by the Qiu family. When I returned home, they recognized me as their adopted son, nominally the younger brother of the young master of the Qiu family, but in fact he was only half a year older than me, so I was equivalent to his servant and companion."

"At the Qiu family, I learned to read and write, and also practiced some rudimentary martial arts. When we turned eighteen, the Qiu family sent us to the military for training. At first, we were not far from home, but then the war started in the north. Come on, the vassal troops on the border can't stand it anymore, so our forbidden army was dispatched."

"At that time, there were people from all over the world in the team. The pickles I often made were learned from the locals."

"The war lasted for two years. We won. We all made meritorious deeds. I jumped three levels in a row and became a loyal man. He..." Qiu Henian paused and frowned when he said this.

Qingyan looked up at him, "Don't you remember?"

Qiu Henian raised his hand to cover his forehead, "I can't remember clearly what happened after the war. Old Huang told me that he skipped nine levels and became a senior official at the pass."

"Did you see him at Fengyuguan this time?" Qingyan asked.

Qiu Henian shook his head, "No."

Qingyan didn't understand, "He went back to visit relatives?"

Qiu Henian shook his head again and said, "My adoptive father and his wife died of illness before the war."

His eyes were lowered, "Old Huang said that he died the second year after I disappeared."

"How did you die?" Qingyan asked in surprise.

Qiu Henian said: "When I went hunting in the wasteland outside the pass, I was bitten by a poisonous snake. The antidote was in the pass, but they walked too far and didn't have time to come back."

The two were silent for a while. Qingyan came out of Qiu Henian's arms and sat on the head of the bed, letting him lie down and rest his head on her lap.

The soft fingertips pressed on Qiu Henian's temple, gently and unhurriedly, he gradually closed his eyes, and the wrinkles between his eyebrows relaxed.

The faint fragrance of Qingyan's body was warmed by his body temperature and spread to the nose of the man who was close at hand.

Qiu Henian turned over and lay on his side, facing Qing Yan, burying his face in his soft belly and kissing it.

He said: "Lao Huang said that after the war, everyone caroused for several days and nights, but they didn't notice when I disappeared. During that time, they went out to the nearby wilderness and towns to look for me every day, but they couldn't find me."

"I can't remember how I ended up like that, appearing by the river in this village in the ice and snow. My heart seemed to be telling me not to think about this."

Qingyan combed his hair with her fingers and said, "If you don't want to remember it, just forget it."

Qiu Henian had faint dark circles under his eyes. He sighed tiredly. The distant hands in his hair and the familiar fragrance made him relax. His breathing gradually became evener and he was about to fall asleep.

Before falling asleep, Qiu Henian had not forgotten Qing Yan's uneasiness and murmured: "I'm not going anywhere."

Qingyan bent down and kissed him on the forehead, with a firm light in his eyes, "It doesn't matter, I will go wherever you go."