Chapter 59 Preparing Autumn Vegetables

In the evening, the two of them leaned on the bed and read for a while. After a tiring day today, they lay down to sleep after reading.

...

By early November, the autumn harvest is completely over.

News came from the county that Wang Heyao's life was coming to an end.

Before a person dies, his family can give him a decapitation meal. Shen Wen went to the county with a food basket. When he left, everyone in the village knew what he was going to do, and they didn't know what to do when they saw him. She said nothing but watched him leave silently.

Shen Wen's current situation can only provide for himself. This time when he goes to the county, he has to give some money to the executioner to make him happy. He also has to hire someone in advance to carry the body back for burial. Even if it is not a big deal, it is still a big deal. It's not a small fee.

This time, the village chief came forward and helped raise the money. Shen Wen said that he would pay it back in the future. The village chief waved his hand and sighed: "That's it this time, I won't be able to take care of it anymore, so I don't have to pay back the money. "

No one knows what Shen Wen said when he went to see Wang Heyao for the last time. No one knows what kind of mood Shen Wen had when Wang Heyao's bloody head fell to the ground and he picked up the head with his own hands. , put into the body bag and placed together with the headless body.

Wang Heyao's separated body was carried all the way back and buried next to his mother silently.

Everyone in the village can understand that Shen Wen has no money to do anything big. The only relatives of the old Wang family are Qiu Henian and Wang Sanyao, and they don't care about the aftermath.

Shen Wen is from another family. If the man from another family dies, the mother-in-law is gone, and there are no children, there is a high probability that relatives from the man's family will come to snatch the family property. And this is in line with custom, so no one can say anything.

Although their land was gone, the house was still there, and there were furniture worth several dollars in the house.

But Qiu Henian and Wang Sanyao are not that kind of people, and it is impossible to force a widower to go to a dead end without anyone to rely on.

Shen Wen was good-looking, not too old, and didn't have any children to hinder her. There were also people in the village and town who wanted to renew their marriages. They asked matchmakers, but he rejected them all.

This house and the land lent to him by the village chief are his support. From now on, as long as he is willing to work hard, he will be able to support himself well.

On the day of Wang Heyao's burial, Qiu Henian and Sanyao both went to help, and Qingyan stayed with Shen Wen.

When the last handful of soil was placed on the tip of the grave, Shen Wen looked up at the sky above his head and sighed softly.

The death of Wang Heyao was only talked about in the village for two or three days, and no one mentioned it again.

He was better dead than alive. At least his neighbors no longer had to hear this man slamming doors and beating people after drinking in the middle of the night.

Later, Qingyan also heard from Qiuniang that Shen Wen's parents came here once after Wang Heyao's death. It was said that they were not happy. Someone passed by Shen Wen's house and heard him shouting: "You can see these things in this house." If you want to treat him, just move whatever you can. There is also a bag of corn in the warehouse. You can take it too. If you want me to sell this house and move it back, you might as well wait and see. Whoever dies first, me or him, let's see if he can live long enough to give you grandchildren and take care of you in your old age!"