Chapter 77 The days of separation

Qiu Henian went out, so the blacksmith shop could only be closed temporarily.

Qingyan went to the shop that morning. According to Qiu Henian's instructions, he checked the accounts with Xiaozhuang and wrote down all the work that was too late to finish. Those who were local in the village brought some food to apologize as gifts, while those who were far away also asked the man who delivered tofu at Liu Fa's house to inform him, and the gifts that were due were delivered.

After all, they were the ones who delayed things, so there had to be an explanation so that we could open the door and make money from others.

Fortunately, Qiu Henian never procrastinates when doing things, and all the urgent work is done. Xiaozhuang can just send him home in the past two days.

Xiaozhuang knew that the shop would be closed for a while, and that his master had gone out to see a doctor, so he almost cried in panic.

Qingyan knew what he was worried about, so she went home with him, explained to his parents, and gave him this month's monthly payment in advance. Even if the shop didn't open, Xiaozhuang's money would still be lost.

Xiaozhuang's parents said they refused to take it, so Qingyan put it down and left quickly.

He knew that this family was living a hard life. Xiaozhuang's little money didn't seem like much, but it was also one of the important sources of their livelihood.

However, within a few days, Xiaozhuang knocked on the door of his courtyard. Qingyan went out to take a look and saw a basket on the ground at the door. There was a large bowl of rice dumplings in it. Under the big bowl, there were two trees hanging with fresh soil. Ginseng.

Qingyan looked up at Xiaozhuang, who was standing far away, ready to run away at any moment, and found that his hanging hands were covered with dried mud.

Xiaozhuang said: "Master, my mother made the rice dumplings last night. They are made of meat and they smell delicious. You are at home. If you don't want to cook anymore, just eat two while they are hot." He noticed Qingyan's gaze, He hid his hands behind his back in embarrassment and said with a naive smile: "I found the ginseng on the mountain. When the master comes back, I will replenish his body."

After saying that, fearing that Qingyan would refuse, he turned around and ran away. Qingyan called him, and he turned back to his wife and said, "I'll be going up the mountain these days, and I'll bring the good ones back after I dig them!"

Qingyan smiled, waved to him, and said, "I thank you on behalf of your master." Then she watched him run away.

He saw every day that Qiu Henian was very good to this apprentice, and Xiaozhuang was also a caring child, so the master did not love him in vain.

In the evening, Qingyan had meat rice dumplings for dinner. He steamed two of them in a pot, peeled off the leaves, and took a big bite. The glutinous rice was cooked very well and was soft, with no hard core at all. The meat is marinated bacon, but it is not salty. On the contrary, it is salty and delicious. The meat juice soaks into the glutinous rice, which is very delicious.

When Xiaozhuang brought the things over, he said, "It smells delicious." Xiaozhuang's mother made meat rice dumplings. I'm afraid she didn't even eat a bite for her family, so she brought them all to him.

Qingyan ate more carefully, eating all the rice grains stuck to the leaves of the rice dumpling.

Before going to bed at night, Qingyan held the little civet flower in his arms and slowly read the book "The Story of Mountains and Rivers".