Part 33

Y/n: Yes... of course, I do, Leah.

You can tell Leah is about to cry, overwhelmed by all the emotions that she went through those last two months. She stands up, put the ring on your finger...

Leah: Exactly where it should be.

You can't stop smiling, you see tears starting to run down Leah's face. You wipe them away and give her the biggest hug. The crowd, still in the stands, goes crazy and cheers for you two. Everyone, except Jordan, really annoyed by the situation, but also Jess, having tears fulling her eyes. The whole team rushes over you, jumping on you two and congrats you. At some point, Beth pulls you out of the celebration.

Beth: Back where you were?

Y/n: Where we always should have been.

Beth: You're sure, this time?

Y/n: Till death do us part.

Beth: Congrats then.

You hug Beth, then go join Leah. You can't let go of her. You make your walk around the pitch, hand in hand with Leah. Everyone is cheering for you. You arrive near to the tunnel. Suddenly, you see your dad talking with Sarina.

Y/n: Dad?

David: Hey, sweetheart.

Y/n: What are you doing here?

David: You seriously think that I was gonna miss my daughter's first match with the England team, in England.

Y/n: Of course, not.

David: I'm so proud of you.

Leah is standing a meter away from you, in the back. David notices Leah, then look down at your hand to see the ring. David throws a smile at Leah, she smiles back.

David: Congrats, sweetheart. I hope, this time, it will be the good one.

Leah: It will, I promise.

David: Y/n, I have a message for you.

Y/n: What is it?

David: Brooklyn couldn't be there, tonight. But he told to tell you that he's really proud of you and that he loves you so much. Cruz is waiting for me.

Y/n: Dad?

David: Yes, sweetheart?

Y/n: Thank you for being my dad. I love you.

David: I'm proud of you, my little girl. You're making me a proud man, a proud father. I love you. And congrats to you two.

Leah: Thank you, David.

Y/n: Bye, dad.

You feel like nothing can happen to break your happiness at the moment. You feel on top of the world right now. You feel like, you finally take back your previous life, before everything happened with Jordan. You celebrate the win with the team but also your engagement with Leah. You take your shower, get changed and get out of the changing room. You wait for Leah. Sarina comes to you.

Sarina: Congratulation for you and Leah. You are a really cute couple.

Y/n: Thank you so much.

Sarina: I also really wanted to congratulate you for your performances the last two matches. 3 goals and 2 decisive passes for your first selections, it's really impressive. I won't assure you a place in World Cup squad but I will really consider it.

Y/n: Thank you, Sarina. Thank you so much.

Sarina: I wish you the best for the end of the season with Wolfsburg.