Part 83

Helped by Patri and Ana Maria, you put away the twins stuff in each of their room. Patri sits on Lucas bed and start looking at you.

Y/n: What?

Patri: So what's going on?

Y/n: What do you mean?

Ana Maria: Come on, Lucy called us dead worried about you, and Keira mentioned a cheating thing.

Y/n: I didn't cheat on Leah, okay.

Patri: Hey... We're not here to judge, okay? Just to help you...

Y/n: I know... You remember Charlie Grant?

Ana Maria: Unforgettable... unfortunately.

Patri: What's the point with her?

Y/n: England played Australia, a few days ago, and she was there. Back from a big injury, I didn't think she would be in the Australian squad. But she was, and she obviously did some Charlie Grant things.... Oh, and Leah learned that one of our England teammates had a massive crush on me and tried something when we were on a break.

Patri: I understand why Leah is mad now...

Y/n: Did Lucy or Keira say something about Leah?

Ana Maria: They only said that... she was mad at you, but that she's deeply missing you.

Y/n: You know, it's the first time in my life that I feel like that...

Ana Maria: Like what?

Y/n: I feel nothing. I'm not touching happiness but I'm not going through proper hell. I just feel nothing...

Patri: Anyway, happiness doesn't exist. It's not a physical state, but just a state of mind.

Y/n: Then, I wish I could reach it... one more time...

Ana Maria: I'm sure you will.

Y/n: I lost my place in the England team, my contract with Arsenal will ended in 6 months, my wife is mad at me... I just feel like my world is falling down and I can't do anything to stop it.

Ana Maria: Have you ever heard about the regression to the mean?

Y/n: Never heard of it...

Patri: What is that?

Ana Maria: It's basically the way to say that life can't ever be all bad or all good, you know that eventually things have to come back to the middle.... So keep in mind that soon, your crashing world will find its balance again.

Y/n: I missed you...

Patri: We missed you too... Alexia would have loved to be here, Jana, Bruna and Claudia too, but they have been stuck with Barcelona or Spain.

Y/n: It's okay... You're here, and that's more than good enough to me.

You smile to Patri and Ana Maria. Straight away, they walk towards you to give you a massive hug. You break that moment, remembering that you have phone call planned.

Y/n: I should probably call Leah, Jack is asking for her.

Patri: Let's go then.

You head back downstairs, grabbing your phone then calling Leah. But you get immediately her voicemail. Weird, Leah is always answering your calls, and you're in the right timing, she's not in training. You decide to call Lucy then.

Lucy: Hello?

Y/n: Hey Luce, it's me...

Lucy: Hey, what's up?