Part 65

Brooklyn is standing in the doorway, too shy and afraid to step in the room. You're rocking the twins by moving back and forth the stroller, surprised to see your brother there, but you can't help showing a little smile on your face. Your mom is so happy to see him, she can't stop smiling.

Victoria: I'm so glad you came. You know it's okay to be mad about all this. I mean... God knows they are. This is pretty upsetting stuff.

Brooklyn: I came to tell you that I'm sorry for being such a disappointment.

Y/n: What?

Cruz: Brooklyn.

Your mom can't help it but she lets go a few tears. Cruz and you are really surprised by Brooklyn's words, knowing he has always been an example to you, at no point a disappointment.

Victoria: Is that what you think? That you let me down?

Brooklyn: Why shouldn't that be the case? I'm terrible. All my siblings are talented either smart, or both. Look... Y/n and Romeo are unbelievable football player, and Cruz is a really good musician... And---And I'm just Brooklyn. Nobody likes Brooklyn.

Victoria: I do.

Cruz: I do too.

Y/n: We all do, Brooks. We are family. No matter what, we stand for each other.

Victoria: Your sister is right. Come here...

Victoria holds her hand towards Brooklyn to get him closer to her. Cruz stands up from the bed to come standing just next to you. Brooklyn steps in the room, tears in his eyes, to come sitting on the bed next to your mom. He's holding her hand.

Victoria: I'll tell you something... that no one else knows. Of all my children, you are the one who most reminds me of myself.

Brooklyn: I don't believe it.

Brooklyn laughs nervously, cause he doesn't believe it at all, while you laugh a bit cause it's so true. Brooklyn and Romeo are really similar to your mom, when you and Cruz really look like your dad.

Victoria: Well, that's because you've only known me as your mom. But once upon a time there was... a Victoria similar to Brooklyn before. And that's why I've never doubted of the fact that you will find your way, because I did it. And you can prevent this as much as you want but sooner or later, you'll end up being happy.

Brooklyn starts getting really emotional about the situation, letting some tears running down his cheeks. You're a bit emotional too, finally learning what was on his mind for weeks now.

Brooklyn: I was so bad. I avoid my dying mom when you needed me. How can you still love me, after this?

Victoria: Oh, God. My sweet baby boy. I have never doubted my for you. The only question is how long it will take before you love yourself? Cause wherever I am, wherever I go, I'll never, ever leave you. And it goes for you three too.... I'll always live through each one of you, my beautiful babies.

You start feeling tears letting go, so does Cruz, but Brooklyn is fully crying holding your mom's hand.

Brooklyn: Please, don't leave, mom.

Brooklyn rushes in your mom's arms for a hug. She looks at you to see how you are, you smile at her, nodding saying "we're okay". Victoria is comforting Brooklyn.

Victoria: It's okay. Everything's okay.

You spend the next hours with your brothers, your mom and Cruz's girlfriend. A little while later, someone shows up at the entrance of the room.

David: Hi everybody, only Romeo is missing.

Y/n: I texted him, he will be here soon.

David: Family time, then.

David passes around the room, to mess up Cruz's hair, to come kissing your forehead and checking the boys.

Victoria: Three generation in the same room.

David: My favourite grandchildren....

David is about to take Jack off the stroller, when you grab his hand to stop him, before waking them up.

Y/n: Dad, please, no, they are sleeping.

David: Okay, what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at Arsenal training for the next Champion's league match?

Victoria: Wait, what? Honey, you told me it was only championship matches.

Y/n: I don't care about the Champion's League. My team can handle the game without me.

Your mom feels like you lied to her, which is the case, but your dad had just spoiled it. You feel like going to training would be a huge waste of time with your mom, at the moment. But Victoria knows how much you love football, and how much you're good at it.

Victoria: Honey, you are the heart of that team, okay? Your work, your efforts are so important, they need you so much.

Y/n: I don't want to do that, if I know you won't be able to watch me doing it.

Victoria: Baby, I'll always find a way to watch over you.

Your dad has enough of your childish behaviours. It's time to live as fullest as you can. Life has to go on, even when sickness and death steps in. Victoria agrees, immediately, with David about his little speech.

David: Okay, now, you need to understand that nothing last forever, except one thing, the love that your mother and I have for the four of you.... So now, enough is enough. Y/n, you go back to training with Arsenal. Cruz, you go back to high school. And Brooklyn, I'm glad you're here, but same you go back to work. No matter what happen, life has to go on. Life doesn't stop for anybody.

Cruz: Dad...

David: NO, tell me since when the Beckham are giving up.

Victoria: No, Cruz, your dad is right... I'm the luckiest woman on Earth to have four amazing kids, full of talent, smart and beautiful. Keep living for me... as you always did.

Cruz: Mom...

Victoria: You go back to high school, Cruz. Maya...

Maya: He's coming back to high school.

Victoria: And Y/n, you go back to Arsenal.

Y/n: I'm not going back, I have to stay with you...

Victoria: No, honey, you don't. Your dad is gonna stay with me, not you. Y/n, you are gonna go back to Arsenal. I swear to God you are, or I promise you I'll drag you to the Training Centre.

Y/n: Mom...

Victoria: You're going back to Arsenal, and you'll come see me after trainings, okay? It's time to get back to work.

For the last 10 minutes, you have been texting with Leah. You're a bit surprised about what she's telling you.

Y/n: Okay, I'll do it for you... I have to go, Leah is waiting for me and the boys.

You check on the boys, Lucas is still asleep while Jack starts moving a bit. You get closer to your parents to say "bye" to them.

David: Fine, sweetheart.

Victoria: You can bring the boys whenever you want, honey... Thank you.

Then, you head towards your brothers to say "bye" to them. But Brooklyn holds you back, with a big smile on his face.

Brooklyn: Wait, before you go, I have something to tell you all.

Cruz: What's up?

Brooklyn: I wished Romeo was here, but... I'm gonna be a dad, soon.

Everyone is shocked but also so happy about the news. It's so sudden. You can help but smile, while your mom is letting some tears running away.

Y/n: You're what?

Victoria: Honey...

Brooklyn: I know you won't meet my kid, but I'll make sure she will know who you are.

Victoria: She?

Brooklyn: It's gonna be a girl...