Part 56

To those words, time freeze. You're all speechless. You can feel the tears coming to your eyes. Everyone is shock by the news. After a few seconds, no words have been pronounced, you just all go hug your mom.

Romeo: But there has to be options, right?

Victoria: There aren't, honey. I'm at the fourth stage. It's a metastatic breast cancer... it can be spread to other organs.

Y/n: Well, you have to try.

Victoria: Okay, now, I have made my decision. And what I want to do is I want to live the rest of my life fully with my family, not in some cold hospital.

Cruz: Mom, you need to be doing everything that you can right now.

Victoria: Kids, I have come to terms with this, and this is how I want to do it.

Brooklyn: You're giving up.

Victoria: No, I'm not giving up... I'm gonna die.

Romeo: Mom, don't say that!

Victoria: I can't change that, okay. So, I've accepted it.

Y/n: How? How do you just accept it, mom? You have to fight.

Victoria: Because I want to enjoy the time I have left.

Brooklyn: You're giving up, and you know it. You're committing suicide.

Brooklyn grabs her stuff and leaves the house, pretty mad. You're in shock, you just turn to your dad.

Y/n: You don't say anything? Your wife is about to die and let her do it? ... What kind of a husband you are, dad?

You grab your stuff and rush outside, under everyone's gaze. You pass the front door and start feeling your heart beating so fast, you can't slow it down. You start breathing heavier. You're just having a panic attack. Romeo runs after you, and lands on this view of you.

Romeo: You okay?

Y/n: I'll be fine.

Romeo: Don't you want to come back inside?

Y/n: I'm--- I'm sorry, I can't... I can't deal with that... I'm sorry.

You get to your car and get inside. You break down and you start crying all the tears you held inside. You manage to come back home. You pass the door, Leah is there laughing with Lucas in her arms. She notices you but, more important, she notices your tears running down your cheeks.

Leah: Babe? What's going on? Why did you cry?

Leah puts Lucas down in his playground, next to Jack, and comes straight at you to hold your hands.

Y/n: It's my mom... She has a cancer.

Once again, you break down. Leah, immediately, pulls you in her arms to calm you down, and support you. You cry more and more, holding on to Leah.

Leah: It's gonna be okay, babe. It's gonna be okay.

You go sit on the sofa while Leah is putting the twins in bed. When she gets back downstairs, you are still crying. Leah goes straight to you to cuddle you. She kisses your forehead.

Leah: Did you talk to her?

Y/n: I was too overwhelmed to say anything.

Leah: But she has treatment for that, right?

Y/n: It won't work... It's a stage 4 cancer. She won't get through it.

Leah: Babe, I'm sorry....

Leah pulls you in her arms. At some point, you fall asleep to Leah's stroking your hair and kisses your forehead. Suddenly, Leah's phone rings. She picks up.