Part 58

A little later, your mom is outside just watching the horizon and breathing some fresh air. Suddenly, Leah comes to give her a cup of tea, and sit next to her.

Victoria: You're taking good care of my daughter... Ooh, I remember the day you came to hospital to ask our permission to marry her. You were so nervous.

Leah: Yeah.

Victoria: But I looked into your eyes and I just knew it.

Leah: What did you know?

Victoria: That you were gonna change my daughter's life... And I was right.

Leah: You were responsible for raising the woman that changed my entire world. I'll never forget that, Victoria, ever. Thank you for saying yes.

Victoria rises her cup of tea as a way to say "you're welcome", Leah rises her cup of tea to reply to her.

Victoria: Can I ask you something?

Leah: Of course.

Victoria: Can we keep the twins here tonight? It's been a while... we didn't see them.

Leah: Of course, Victoria... They already have some stuff here, I think. Jack and Lucas will be super happy to stay with their grandma and grandpa.

Victoria: Thank you.

Hours later, you leave your parents' house with Leah, after saying bye to your parents, brothers and the twins. You get back to yours, and you head upstairs for a shower while Leah is preparing the dinner. A little later, Leah gets a notification on her phone from the Arsenal medical staff about your mom's medical record that you sent them earlier. You get so long to take your shower that Leah comes to check on you upstairs. She lands on you brushing your hair in front of the mirror.

Y/n: Hey, what's up?

You appears with a little smile on your face, but you can see that Leah isn't really good. She comes putting her arms around your waist. You get worried to see the expression of Leah's face in the mirror.

Leah: I just heard from the doctors. They're nothing they can do for her.

Your smile drops straight away. All your hope about saving your mom is dropping at this exact moment. Leah pulls you in her arms, and hold you tight.

Y/n: I just thought...

Leah: I know. I know. I'm so sorry, babe, I... I wish I could change this for you.

You don't even cry. You're just... speechless. You keep hugging Leah for a little more. Then, you go eat dinner downstairs with Leah, and you watch a movie cuddled into Leah. After the movie, you go to bed. The next morning, you get prepared with Leah, eat your breakfast and head to the Arsenal Training Centre together. Austin isn't coming cause the boys are at your parents' for the whole day. Leah parks in the parking lot and you both head inside. You came pretty early so you can share a moment with the other girls before training. You're sat with everyone in the common room, debating about the last matches on the FA Women's Super League, with Leah, Kim, Caitlin and Jen. At some point, you need to go breathe some fresh air. You head just outside the room, standing there watching the training pitches. Beth arrives behind you and puts her arms around your shoulder to whisper to your ear.

Beth: You okay?

Y/n: Yeah, it's fine... We sent my mom medical record yesterday to the Arsenal medical staff to have a second opinion...

Beth: What did they say?

Y/n: She is doomed... She has little time left...

Beth: I'm sorry...