Part 62

You struggle sleeping all the night. Around 4 am, you sneak out of bed, you grab Leah's sweater lying on a chair in the room, and head downstairs. You go in the common room, grab a bottle of water and you just sit there on the couches to enjoy the silent of the night. So tired, your probably end up falling asleep at 7 am, on one of the couches of the common room. A little while later, the first girls arrives in the common room and see you there, lying on the couch asleep.

Esme: Oh no.

Ellie: There's no good news then.

Lauren: Probably not.

Esme goes trying to find a blanket somewhere, while Lauren and Ellie just sit on the floor next to the couch, watching over you. A few minutes go by, Esme comes back with a blanket and gently puts it on you. More of the girls arrive as the time goes by, more of them comes to sit next to you to watch over you and offer you their support. On the other side, Leah is slowly waking up in your room. Still a bit asleep, she's taping the empty spot next to her, usually occupied by you. Surprised finding no one, she starts looking for you.

Leah: Babe? Babe?

Leah starts getting nervous and worried about where you are. At first, she starts looking for you in the room and then rushes out of the room starting looking for you in St Georges' Park. At some point, she lands on the entrance hall. Sarina is there talking to some of the staff.

Leah: Hi Sarina, do you where Y/n is?

Sarina: She's in the common room with everyone. Come with me.

Leah: Okay, thank you.

Leah follows Sarina to the common room. Three quarter of the team are sat on the floor next to you. Sarina smiles seeing how supportive and united you are towards each other. Leah is really worried about you, but she knows the girl could do anything for you and will always be there for you. Sarina smiles to Leah and leaves the room. Leah, worried, goes sitting at a table, never leaving you out of sight. Beth and Keira joins Leah to calm her down, they know very well how freak out she is.

Beth: Don't worry, she's okay.

Keira: How is her mom?

Leah: It's the end. The doctors said a few days left for her.

Keira: Oh gosh.

Leah: She's trying to be strong for her brothers, her dad, the twins and me but...

Leah starts tearing up, feeling so useless towards you, Keira and Beth comes hugging Leah to calm her down and recomfort her.

Leah: She's clearly not okay... And I don't know what to do to help her.

Beth: I know it's hard, Leah, but you can't do anything to help. Viv has already been in the same case as you, in the past... It's hard, you can't help her, just be there.

Leah: I know. That's what I'm doing every day, but the more I'm here for her, the more I feel like she's slipping away from me.

Keira: She'll come back around... Her mom is dying, Leah. Y/n just needs some time for herself.

Leah: She went through so much already... I don't know if she'll be able to get through her mom's death.

Beth: She's tough, Leah. She will. I know she will.

Keira: Beth is right, she's a strong girl... She will get through it.

Leah: I really hope so.

Beth and Keira go hugging Leah. She holds them tightly, letting some tears running down her face. It's now 9:30 am, you're still asleep, Sarina comes in the room.

Sarina: Okay, girls, it's really nice from all of you to take care of Y/n, but everyone, please, gather in the meeting room... Leah, Beth, can you stay with her? Don't rush, join us when she will be awake.

Leah: Okay.

Beth: Thanks, Sarina.

All the girls leave the room, except Leah and Beth. Everyone is at the meeting when you finally wake up to Leah stroking your hair and holding your hand.

Leah: Hey

Y/n: Hey my love.

Beth: How do you feel?

Y/n: Tired but okay.

Leah: Why did you come downstairs?

Y/n: I couldn't sleep, I came to grab some water, at first... And I stayed here, I fell asleep.

Leah: Why didn't you wake me up?

Y/n: You were sleeping so well, babe. Didn't want to wake you up. You were as tired as I was.

Leah: Please, wake me up, next time. Just to tell me at least, I freaked out when I woke up without you.

Y/n: I'm sorry... What time is it?

Beth: 10: 20 am.

Y/n: Gosh, we are late for the meeting.

Leah: It's okay, babe.

Beth: Sarina knows you were here tonight. Don't rush.

Leah: Are you okay to go?

Y/n: Yeah, let's go.

Beth and Leah stand up, and you stand up. Leah is walking out of the room when you hold her bac. You grab her hand, and give her a kiss.

Y/n: Thank you.

Leah: For what?

Y/n: For not letting go of me. For being you.

Leah: I'll never let go of you. That's not in my plans. Never.

Y/n: I love you.

Leah: I love you too, babe.

Beth smiles to see that you're trying to reassure her without really knowing what Leah feels. You go to join everyone in the meeting room. They are all relieve to see you. Sarina smiles at you. You sit next to Alessia and Leah.

Sarina: Thanks girls for joining us.

You smile to Sarina. Leah puts her hand on your thigh, and rub it with her thumb. You put your hand on Leah's, and put your head on her shoulder.

Sarina: Okay girls, I'll take you for a few more minutes... This week has been hectic for many of us but I would like to congratulate you for those two victories... But most of all, I would like to underline the fact that one of you is dealing with a pretty hard situation, right now, and you stand up for her and support her.

You raise your hand, searching Sarina's attention.

Sarina: Y/n...

Y/n: Can I come in front for a few minutes?

Sarina: For sure. Come.

You squeeze Leah's hand, stand up and head in front of the group. You stand next to Sarina.

Y/n: I've been understanding you're aware of my situation... uhm... When we played against The Netherlands, my mom passed out, and my little brother Cruz brought her to the hospital. I've been subbed off to join them... We learned there that my mom has only few days left...

Everyone is a bit in shock to learn that news. Leah stands up to come hug you. She's followed by all the girls. At the moment, you just feel so much love, you let go and start crying.