Part 60

The next day goes really well, training really well, having fun times with the girls. At the end of the day, you leave St Georges' Park for the airport with the bus. You take a flight to land a few hours later in Amsterdam. Here is Wednesday, match day against The Netherlands. You're, now, at the Amsterdam Arena for the pitch recognition. The Netherlands women's team is already out there. You walk out there with Beth and Ellie. You immediately recognize a few faces.

Jill: Hey, English ones.

Y/n: Hey you...

Viv: Travelled well?

Beth: Perfect.

Lynn: It's good to see you back on the pitch.

Y/n: It feels really good.

You look at Jill and give her a little hit on the arm. And without realizing it, you pulled her a little bit on the side.

Jill: What?

Y/n: Why you didn't tell me you've got transferred to Manchester City?

Jill: I've got transferred just before the summer. And it went pretty fast.

Y/n: Does Jana plan to get in England?

Jill: Not for the moment, I don't think so... She's having the time of her life with the Barça.

Y/n: Are you two okay?

Jill: It's getting hard to not be with her every day, but I know she's happy there so that's all that matters to me.

Y/n: You sure?

Jill: Yeah... I love her, she's my girlfriend, but I wish she could be with me.

Y/n: Okay, understandable.

Jill: She showed me pictures of the twins that you sent to her. They are really cute.

Y/n: Yeah, two little monsters growing up every day.

Jill: Do you have them with you at the England camp?

Y/n: No, they are at Leah's parents for the week. We pick them up Sunday night... Don't you want to come over to the house for dinner after the camps?

Jill: Yeah, for sure. I would love to. Will Leah be okay with it?

Y/n: She will, don't worry. And so you can see the twins. It's been a while now.

Jill: Okay, I accept then.

Lynn: Hey you two. You stand away?

Y/n: Sorry, old memories to share.

Lynn: No, it sounds weird.

Sarina comes out on the pitch, and is immediately looking after you. After a few seconds, she finds you. She comes over to you.

Sarina: Hello ladies, Y/n can I talk to you?

Y/n: Yes, of course.

You move away from the small group of girls.

Y/n: What can I do for you?

Sarina: I just wanted to have a little conversation with you.

Y/n: Okay, about what?

Sarina: I know you trained really well during the last two days, but you will start the match on the bench. You're a really great player, but mentally you're a bit off, lately.

Y/n: I can understand, it's okay.

Sarina: I'm pretty sure, you'll play but you won't be on the starting line-up.