Part 68

Around 6 am, Leah finally drives you and Jana back home. You're supposed to be at the Training Centre in 3 hours, for a meeting before the match against Lyon. Your mental health is out, now. Once you get home, you just go straight to sit on the couch.

Jana: I'll go check on the boys.

While, Jana is getting upstairs, Leah comes straight at you, and kneel down in front of you.

Leah: I'm gonna call Jonas, I'll tell him you can't play today.

Y/n: No, I want to play... For my mom.

Leah: Babe...

Y/n: I want to, Leah. She wanted me to play this match, so I will.

Leah: Okay, I'll be there, anyway. But Jonas needs to know... I can tell him.

Y/n: No, it's fine, I'll tell Jonas, but I don't want the girls to know. I'll tell the team, after the match.

Leah: Okay, we'll do whatever you want.

Leah hugs you tightly, then you get some sleep on the couch with her.

A little later, you wake up with Leah, grab your stuff and head to the Arsenal Training Centre. You go through the meeting, and wait that everyone have left to speak privately with Jonas.

Y/n: Jonas? Can I talk to you?

Jonas: Of course, what can I do for you?

Y/n: I just wanted to let you know that... uhm... my mom... my mom left this world last night...

Jonas: Y/n, I'm really sorry for you and your family... I'll put someone else on the pitch...

Y/n: No... I want to play. My mom wanted me to play this match. Please, let me play this match...

Jonas: Are you sure?

Y/n: Please, Jonas...

Jonas: I'm okay with it, but if you change your mind, it's okay.

Y/n: Thank you.

Jonas hugs you to comfort you. Skip a few hours, to the match. You've been traveling until the Emirates Stadium next to Leah, cuddling you the whole way. Once you get there, you head to the changing room. You discover everyone's jersey flocked "For Victoria" with everyone's number. You're shocked.

Y/n: What's that?

Caitlin: We told you, we would play for your mom.

Y/n: You did this?

Laura: Togetherness, right?

Kim: We will always be there for you.

Frida: Today, it'll be for your mom.

Viv: We'll give everything on the pitch for her.

Y/n: Thanks, girls, really appreciate it.

You try to hold your tears, knowing the situation. You get changed into your Arsenal kit for the match, then go out on the pitch for an intense warm-up. 20 minutes later, you're back in the changing room to get the final instructions for the match.

Kick-off:

13': Goal for Arsenal from Caitlin Foord; decisive pass from Beth Mead

22': Goal for Arsenal from Frida Maanum

27': Goal for Olympic Lyonnais from Melvine Malard

37': Substitute for Olympic Lyonnais: Damaris Egurrola replaces Ines Jaurena

44': Yellow car for Olympic Lyonnais: Wendie Renard

45+1': Goal for Arsenal from Beth Mead

Half-Time: 3-1 for Arsenal